1 - THE SHIRE

CHAPTER 1
THE SHIRE

 YGRITTE had never been to the Shire before, so when she was given the opportunity to work alongside her father on a very special quest to the Lonely Mountain, she was quite ecstatic to finally get to see where Hobbits live

The Shire was peaceful. In the moonlight, she was able to see the many stars, the moon, and even hear the tiny bugs chirp in the night. She imagined it was always this peaceful.

"Come along, Ygritte," her father said from ahead of her. Gandalf was his name, and he was known for his powers. Many loved the firework display he could put on. Ygritte loved them as well, especially in her younger years of life when she was but a child. Her father would conjure up the biggest and brightest fireworks just for her.

Ygritte gave her father a sheepish grin and jogged to catch up with his surprising long strides. "Is it always this peaceful here?" She asked.

Gandalf smiled. Much like her mother, his late wife, Ygritte had a passion for adventure. She sought it wherever she traveled. When he proposed the quest to her, he was surprised when that she has yet to see The Shire. He thought, with her love for adventure, she would have surely of visited it already. Nevertheless, he was happy he would be occompaining her during her first visit.

As soon as Ygritte became a young woman, she had left their home, looking for adventure. She was never one that could keep still in the first place, so Gandalf allowed her to live her life. She visited, of course, but he hadn't seen her in weeks. He was thankful she agreed to join the Company.

"Yes, I would say it is," Gandalf replied.

"So," Ygritte said as she clapped her hands together in excitement for a brand new adventure. "We are here to recruit a hobbit, that is obvious, but will everyone else be joining us?"

She got her answer just as they climbed the hill. Outside the home of Bilbo Baggins were many dwarves, and they all perked up and smiled as Ygritte and her father approached them.

"Nevermind," she muttered.

"Gandalf! About time!" Exclaimed one of the dwarves, as he threw his hands up in the air in exhasberation.

Ygritte raised an eyebrow at the group. She glanced up at the door where a glowing mark was carved in the wood before gesturing to it with her hand. "I don't think you had to wait for us in order to go in."

"Gandalf," said one of the other dwarves. "Who's the pretty lass?"

Ygritte smiled at the compliment, whilst her father answered the question asked. "The pretty lass is my daughter, and she will be joining us on this quest."

"Name's Ygritte," she said with a polite smile.

They stared at her in bewilderment before breaking out into small fits of laughter. "What can a woman do for the company?"