10 - DIN'AN

CHAPTER 10 | DIN'AN

IT was true that Ygritte could talk for quite some time if the topic be of something she enjoyed with all her heart

IT was true that Ygritte could talk for quite some time if the topic be of something she enjoyed with all her heart. So, needless to say, the adventurous young woman had spoken with Elrond about every single one of her adventures since her last visit to Rivendell. Elrond could care less about whether or not they spoke past supper╶ being in her presence always reminded him of the Lady Melisandre, whose remains lay at rest in her favorite garden in the Elven city. He finds himself visiting her intricately carved statue nearly every evening. She had always been more than just a dear friend to him.

Ygritte talked for so long that she hadn't even realize Elrond needed to be elsewhere until he regretfully announced his departure. He wished with all of his heart that he could proceed with hearing more of her adventures, but the thought of Aninth and Ryvniss and how their health is had popped into his mind once or twice.

She didn't mind of course, considering she was just as concerned for Aninth and her Dragon companion as he was. So with a warm smile, she left to travel the familiar halls of what will always be her home.

Ygritte visited her old room, where she went through her wardrobe to look at her mother's dresses. Despite her desire to wear trousers and a tunic, she hadn't the heart to give them away and had kept them for herself. She had lifted a sleeve to her nostrils and inhaled, a sweet smile curving her lips upwards when the flora of the Elven lands invaded her senses.

Afterwards, a kind Elven women had knocked thrice before entering her bed chambers to announce that supper was being laid out for her and the Company. She offered the woman╶ whom she recognized as Nala╶ a polite smile before gathering up both her swords from her bed and securing them to her waist.

Before she left, Ygritte took a moment to take in her room, for she was unsure how long they would be staying now that they have arrived. She looked to the walls, where three portraits had been hung and painted by her mothers hands a long time ago, when Ygritte didn't even have a name and was merely just a babe growing in her mother's womb. Then she looked to the wardrobe and, lastly, the balcony that overlooked a beautiful garden. Ygritte had spent many nights staring up at the stars and thinking of her mother.

When Nala had cleared her throat to gain her attention, Ygritte seemed to remember that she was standing right beside her. She had to reassure the Elf that she was alright before departing to the dining area. Nala had offered to escort her, but thought silly of herself afterwards╶ she knew that Ygritte remebered her way around Rivendell just as one knows their body.

When Ygritte arrived at the dining area, she found that two tables had been set up for them. The one that was clearly meant for the Dwarves, was small and had tiny stools around it, while as the one for herself was a regular size and would seat nearly a dozen people. Since no one else was present, Ygritte took it upon herself to pick whatever seat she wanted. So she chose to sit near the chair Lord Elrond always sat, for she had missed him dearly.