2 - THORIN OAKINSHEILD

CHAPTER 2| THORIN OAKENSHEILD

ALMOST instantaneously, the meal was over and the place was left a mess

ALMOST instantaneously, the meal was over and the place was left a mess. Dirty dishes, most likely every dish that poor Bilbo owned, was dirty and sprawled out on the table; food crumbs littered the floor, and tiny droplets of ale were scattered around the table top. Ygritte was long gone from the table and now stood in the hallway, watching as the dwarves moved from room to room.

She soon decided to find her father, hoping he may know when this meeting will begin. She was far too eager to begin the quest. As she headed around the corner, a plate suddenly flew by her face, just barely missing her head. The person who threw it was lucky that she had quick reflexes or else she would be in a great deal of pain and probably bleeding from the glass hitting her.

She took a step back, raising a brow at dark haired dwarf who had caught the plate before she watched as he threw to another dwarf that was at the sink. The dwarf then threw her a wink as he said, "I'd watch where you stand. We wouldn't want that pretty face to carry a nasty scar."

Ygritte smirked at his flirtatious behaviour. She had a feeling she will be getting many flirtatious comments on the quest. "This pretty body has plenty of scars," she said.

With that, she turned on her heel, prepared to find her father down a different hallway. She was stopped short again, this time by running into someone.

Ygritte gripped their arm so they both wouldn't fall. "Sorry," she apologised. Then her eyes lit up when she noticed it was the other woman she had run into. The dragon, before asleep, was now awake and sitting on her shoulder, its tail wrapped around her neck.

The woman, Aninth, smirked after noticing her staring at the dragon. "His name is Ryvniss. The Dark, The Swift and The Stubborn."

"Ryvniss?" Ygritte said with a cocked brow. "Does it have a meaning?"

Aninth shrugged in response, a smirk pulling onto her lips. "I just like the name."

"Nothing wrong with a name with no meaning," Ygritte said. "It gives mystery, I think."

"I'm Aninth, Champion of Dragons, Protector of Creatures, Destroyer of Men and the last of the Dragonkin," she said whilst extending her hand out towards the fellow blonde. "It has no meaning either."

Ygritte chuckled and grasped her hand, giving it a shake. "Nor does mine. My name is Ygritte, though I'm sure you probably already knew my name when my father recruited you."

"Gandalf is your father?" Aninth's eyes seemed to grow a tiny bit larger.

"Or not," Ygritte said, some light laughter slipping past her lips. "I do believe he doesn't speak of me. No one seems to know who I am in this Company."

Their attention was suddenly drawn away from each other as the dwarves burst out into song whilst throwing around the dirty utensils and dishes to one another.