7 - RADAGAST THE BROWN

CHAPTER 7 | RADAGAST

NOT long after the company had faced the trolls head on, Ygritte found herself sitting in the dirt outside a cave as the rest of the company searched through the trolls belongings

NOT long after the company had faced the trolls head on, Ygritte found herself sitting in the dirt outside a cave as the rest of the company searched through the trolls belongings. She wasn't very fond of the pungent smell wafting up from the cave. It made her stomach churn from her lack of food.

Ygritte stood from the dirt, deciding to fill her time with someone more useless than sitting around and waiting for them to return. The girl of twenty and three unsheathed her blade with a low hiss. It shimmered in the sun as she smoothed her hand down the finely crafted steel.

She placed her one foot out in front of her and began to swing at the air, acting as if she were facing an enemy or a drunken man that tried to feel her up. The adrenaline pumping in her veins caused a thin layer of sweat to form along her brow as she kept on swinging. By now she had become accustomed to the heaviness, therefore her muscles remained calm and not at all tense like someone would assume because of her woman status.

Ygritte was quite surpised when a blade suddenly clashed against her own. She was taken back at first, her eyes widening with unexpectance. "I could have killed you," Ygritte told him as she took a step back and lowered her blade to her side.

Kili's eyes were dancing with amusment as he sheathed his much shorter blade. "You'd be surpise with how talented I am."

Ygritte hummed as she returned her blade to its scabbard. "I could say the same. I'm not your average woman."

"I don't doubt it," he said with a smirk.

Ygritte shook her head in amusement as she stared down at the dwarf. He continued to surprise her at every waking moment, it seems, with his charming personality. "Are you always this flirtatious?" She decided to ask, much to Kili's surpise.

The dwarf chuckled, eyes dropping to the ground for only a moment before holding hers again. "Only to those most beautiful."

In her mind, she was beginning to wonder if he was this flirtatious to all the woman he's ever come across. However, she hasn't seen him gaze longing toward Aninth, only her. Perhaps it was her dragon companion he was trying to stay clear from? Or perhaps he was just fond of her. Ygritte did not know, but what she did know, is that she did find him attractive. Though she would never admit it out loud to his ego.

"Should I be honoured?" She asked

"Very."

"Don't mind us," Fili smirked as he brushed in-between them, wearing an amused expression. Behind him, were the rest of the company. Thorin, Ygritte noticed, was wearing a sour expression as he held a wrapped blade, that seemed to be perfect for someone of his his stature, in his dirty fingers.

Because she has such high curiosity, Ygritte found herself moving towards her father, who was the last to emerge from the cave. "What has taken residence in Thorin's ─ "