6 - TROLLS

CHAPTER 6 | TROLLS

YGRITTE ran through the woods, her surroundings a mixture of green and brown blurs

YGRITTE ran through the woods, her surroundings a mixture of green and brown blurs. She breathed steadily, her sword held tightly in her grip as she moved at the fastest pace she could muster. Although she had her breathing steady, her heart was galloping widly against her ribcage. Her concern for the Company's hobbit was running thick through her veins. Several scenarios of what the trolls could be doing with him only made her concern spread.

She could hear a howl of pain as they got closer, and then a loud thud.

When they finally reached the clearing the trolls were in, Ygritte could make out Kili catching Bilbo after he was thrown towards him as they waited for the perfect opportunity to engage. As soon as she spotted Thorin moving forward, she broke through the treeline. The Company all let out battle cries as they began hacking and slashing and hammering the legs of the trolls. The fight was utter chaos, with dwarves stabbing and jumping the trolls whenever they could.

With anger fueling her actions, she swung her blade into the flesh of the of one of the giant trolls. He howled loudly in pain, held his leg, then swung his large fist in her direction. She dashed out of the way before she could be hit, rolling into the dirt before rising once more with an even tighter grip on her blade.

As the dwarves and Aninth had a hand on the trolls for right now, Ygritte took a short moment to search the surroundings for Bilbo. As feeling responsible for the hobbit, she would feel terrible if anything were to happen to him. She let out a breath of relief when she spotted him using a large blade to cut away at the ropes that were keeping the ponies within a makeshift fenced area.

Knowing Bilbo needed a distraction so that he could free the ponies, Ygritte dashed back into battle. She swung her blade feverishly through the gray and disgusting flesh of the trolls, all the while ducking underneath their legs or dodging the swings of their much larger weapons.

As Ygritte was about ready to charge toward one of the trolls again, she felt a hand on her arm that pulled her away. She lost her footing, stumbling forward into the dirt and losing her blade in the process. She whipped around, her fingertips sinking into the dirt. She let out a breath after realising that Kili had saved her from getting hit with the trolls large weapon. If he hadn't, she would have been thrown away with blood pooling from a terrible wound.

She grabbed her sword and rose to her feet, mentally noting to thank the dwarf for saving her life. The blow she would have sustained could have ended her life if she was hit right.

She collided with something, or rather someone, as she circled the troll, waiting to strike. Aninth.

Now standing at Aninth's side, she shifted her grip to hold her sword tighter. The two blondes exchanged a glance before dashing forward. They dodged and swung, and eventually they were all huddled together with their eyes widening in alarm.