•SEVEN•

"Save as draft"       "What good would it do to                 reopen the wound"

                     "Save as draft"
"What good would it do to
reopen the wound"

Two months had gone by and Lex was completely numb. She didn't know about Clint, but she was completely destroyed and it was all her fault. Lex knew that jumping to conclusions was something she had been doing since she was little. It was just something she would do and then refuse listen to the other person, she lost her sister to this. Just like she lost her old boyfriends. Just how she lost Clint.

The man who made her feel whole, she knew he didn't make a mistake when he shot her then asked for her number to check in with her. Clint would insist that it was still a mistake that could have been deadly which thankfully wasn't. But Lex couldn't belive it was a mistake and if it was, well it was one hell of a mistake then. But Lex knew he had mastered perfect aim, as that was his job.

Sighing Lex made her morning coffee as she forced to get it if bed and go to work. Making her cup to go, Lex got ready and grabbed her new camera thanks to Tony Stark. As he put it 'why should I let such talent go down the drain?'

It was flattering but embarrassing but Clint reassured her that he pays for everything and it was okay.

As she stood outside her apartment Lex studied her camera that had been engraved by the Avengers. But her eyes automatically to Clint's name. A bunch of squiggles and a small heart.

Feeling a tug of guilt and pain. Numbness sweeps through her veins but Lex forces herself to go take some pictures. It's not like she would get an arrow through her shoulder this time as the Clint and the team including the new girl, Tessa, were all out on missions. Lex periodically got letters from Tony to let her know what was going on. But she never responded but that didn't stop Tony.

Lex hasn't seen them in two months and it was killing her. Not seeing Clint made Lex want to kill herself.
She wouldn't do that as she knew it was selfish to her mother and father.

As she walked around the crowded city Lex forced herself to find things to photograph. Upon coming the coffee shop she had her last date with Clint. Lex stopped breathing. As she stood starring into the window to see Clint Barton sitting there with a girl. Seeing them laugh and get along made Lex dizzy. Did he move on that fast? Why wasn't he on a mission? Did he not care? Probably not as she was the one who ruined everything.

As she felt tears prick her eyes and she let out a small cry, Lex turned in her heels and started running home as tears blurred her eyes. She felt pathetic, stupid, and over all guilty.

While Lex was home letting her feelings out, Clint was at lunch with his sister at the cafe where he and Lex had their last date. Forcing a smile he connected with his sister he hadn't seen in over a year.

"How's the farm holding up?" He asks curious to see how it's doing since his sister took it when their brother went missing.

"It's been good, needs some repairs." Laura his sister said a smirk.
"Is that your way of telling me to come visit?" Clint joked with a fake smile. "Of course, Clint the kids and I miss you. Hell its been quite since.."
"I know." Clint took his sisters hand and held it.

"I just got back from Slovakia."
"Did you win?"
"I guess you could say that. We got what we needed so Starks throwing a party tonight." Clint shrugged.

"Are you going to invite that girl?" Laura asked as she let go of Clint's hand and took a drink.

"What? Who Lex? Why? She clearly doesn't want me."

"If we weren't in a restaurant I'd throw my drink on you." Laura said annoyed at how stupid her brother was being.

"No I'm being serious Lau, she doesn't want me if she did she would have called."

"Maybe she was waiting for you?"
"She's the one who-"
"Okay and? You still like her you dimwit!"
"You really think I should invite her?" Clint said nervously.
"You said she was friends with the rest of the gang so why not." Laura shrugged her shoulders looking at her brother. Taking in his features he looked tired and stressed.

"You haven't been sleeping well." Laura stayed making Clint look away.
"It's hard, I think I really like her. I don't know maybe it's the guilt from shooting her down like a criminal."

"It was a mistake Clint." Laura tried to reason but Clint shook his head.
"I could I have killed her."
"But you didn't and she's fine. Just think if you never shot her you would have never met her. And not inviting her to this party of Storks-"
"It's stark."
"STORKS party you are just completely throwing away a miracle Clint and I don't want that for you." Laura said making Clint smirk.

"You really think so?"
"Yes I do!! Now call her while I go pee! Being eight months pregnant does wonders on ones bladder." Laura said getting up and waddling to the restroom.

Taking out his phone Clint hovered his thumb over Lex's contact. Sighing he pressed it and put the cold phone up to his ear. Hearing the ringing his instantly became nervous. What if she said no? What if she didn't answer? What if Stark already invited her?

Coming out of his thoughts as the ringing stops and the softest voice comes through.
"Hello Clint."