•EIGHT•

"Bartender" "If we keep on drinking                                  we'll fall back in love"

"Bartender"
"If we keep on drinking we'll fall back in love"

"How are you?" Clint said into the phone. Nerves rattled his body as he shook his leg up and down.

Lex took a deep breathe "I'm good, you?" She lied straight through her teeth. "Oh, oh I'm that's good to hear. I'm doing the same. Tired from work." Clint tried to cover up his disappointment. She obviously didn't miss him, calling Lex was a mistake.

"Not to sound rude Clint, but is there a reason to why you called?" Lex said anxiously but not also trying to sound like she doesn't want to hear his voice. The huskiness of his voice makes Lex melt, but the way it's mixed with the sleep deprivation makes Lex a puddle.

"Oh yeah uh Stark is having a party to celebrate our success on retrieving the staff and I was wondering if you'd like to come, more specifically with me."

"What time?" Lex said while looking at her watch as it read 2:35 pm.

"I dunno I think around like seven?" Clint said trying to remember.

"Okay, it's at the tower correct?"
"Yeah."
"I'll be there." With that Lex hung up and let out a scream. She was finally seeing Clint. She was ecstatic!

Clint in the other hand felt like he was going to shit his pants.
"She said fucking yes, Laura what the hell did you make me do?"

"Grow a set Barton."

\_|• • |• • |• • |• •|\_

It was six-thirty when Lex hopped into a cab. Heading towards the tower Lex kept fixing her dress. Anxious she couldn't believe after two months she was seeing Clint and the group again. She missed them but she misses Clint the most.

He made her feel like a school girl. That was hard for Lex cause she hated school. Absolutely hated it but that's not the point.

Ten minutes had gone by and Lex recognized the street. She was close to the tower. Realizing she was going to be 10 minutes early Lex cringed and started to panic.

She don't want them to think she was desperate to see them especially Clint.

Arriving outside the tower she saw that she was not the only one arriving.
Letting out a needed breathe Lex paid the cab driver and walked into the side walk standing in front of the tower.

Looking at her watch she saw the time. Deciding to go in, Lex walked in with a bunch of other people and headed straight towards the elevators.

Gulping she stepped into the very expensive elevator Lex's body rattled with nerves.

Starting to panic Lex tried to remain calm on the outside but on the inside she wanted to cry. Digging her nails into her skin she shook with nerves.

"Hey." A soft voice and firm hands gripped her hands as soon as she walked out of the elevator into the busy party room where music was being blasted.

"Oh um hi Tess, you scared me." Lex mumbled making Tess slightly smile.
"Trust me I don't want to be here as much you." Tess said reading Lex's mind.

"Why?" Lex asked inconsiderately. "Oh I mean if you don't mind me asking." She added making Tess smile a bit more. Noticing how tired and destroyed Tessa was, Lex wondered if she was tired from this last mission.

"It's complicated and no I wasn't on this last mission I left early cause uh of some family and personal issues." Tess said making Lex nod.
"Clint misses you, won't admit it but I read his mind and it's legit just you, missions, and archery and maybe some of Nat but that's about it Lex." Tess nudged Lex who turned red.

"Anyway I'll hopefully see you around. Don't let your emotions take you captive, fight back Lex." With that Tess disappeared into the crowed leaving Lex alone would her thoughts and anxiety.
"Well shit." She mumbled and started walking in hope to find Clint.

Finding herself alone at the bar, Lex took a small sip of her wine. Looking around she hasn't seen Clint at all, hell she hasn't seen anyone except Tony to give a speech but he didn't even see her.

Sighing she slammed her head down on the glass bar.

"Lex?"
Bringing her head up immediately she saw Natasha looking at her weirdly.

"Natasha. Uh hi?" She awkwardly said as she rubbed her sore head.

"If you're looking for Clint he is in the corner throwing darts and mumbling angrily cause he thinks you stood him up." Nat said making Lex turn red.
"I didn't stand him up, I've been looking all over for him, heck for someone." Lex defended herself.

"I believe you but I'm not the one you need to convince, Cmon I'll show you to him."  Nat said.
Standing up Lex followed the red head to where Clint supposedly was having a mini bitch fit.

Making her way through the crowd tailing Nat, they came to a clearing where darts where being thrown by Clint who was just ranting to Tessa and Thor.

"Barton." Nat called cashing Clint to look her way. Stepping out of the way Lex stood starring at Clint who just stared back.

"Oh you decided to show up finally." Clint said only to be smacked really hard in the arm and head by Tessa. "I told you she was here you asshole but you didn't listen. Now don't be a dick you fucking invited her now go or I'll fucking throw wizard dudes wrath at you." Tessa threatened making Lex blush awkwardly.

"C'mon." Clint said while grabbing her arm and pulling her back into the crowed to who knows where.
Finding themselves in the room Lex wrapped her arms around herself as she found herself to be a bit cold.

"Tess says you got here on time."  Clint says as he leans on the edge looking out onto the city.

"Yeah she found me then walked away. I looked around only saw Tony who didn't see me so I walked around some more than just sat at the bar." Lex rambled on.

"I'm sorry for being a dick earlier." Clint said looking at Lex who looked nervous and frankly was.
"I forgive you." He said closing the gap between them slowly.

"Why?" Lex said looking into Clint's blue eyes. "Why? I make problems and over think things ruining them." She said.

"I know." Clint said grabbing onto Lex's waist. "But it's just a quirk and I can deal with quirks."

"I'm sorry for everything." Lex confesses looking away only to have Clint's hand bring her head back up to look at him.

"I know and I forgive you, I'm sorry too."

"I missed you Clint.."
"I missed you too Lex."  Clint said as he gazed into her eyes.
"Can- can we start over?" She asked stupidly.

"Yeah." Clint said as he smiled.
"Thank you." With that the two adults embraced in a long needed hug.

"I'll always start over for you." Clint whispered into her ear.