{2} The Unintentional Walk

***

***

It was night and most of the lights in the hospital were out. My feet were taking me somewhere and of course it was one of my unintentional strolls. While walking, I'm pretty sure I ended up passing Dean and some older guy. Why I'm sure is because I could hear Dean calling after me. Strange thing that usually happens on these unintentional strolls is I can hear people, but it's like I can't understand what they're saying.

I finally got to my unplanned destination and I stopped in front of the door. As soon as I stopped, I heard a woman scream from the other side of the door. This snapped me out of my trance and I tried to open the door, but couldn't. I heard Dean run up to me so I moved out of the way while he busted open the door. When we got into the room, a girl I knew to be Wendy had her wrists slit open and she was lying dead on the bed. The next thing I saw, confirmed my instant disliking.

A nurse was sitting next to Wendy's still body and I looked in the mirror to see her true face. She was the wraith and that explained my instant disliking of the woman. Ever since she started working here, I got really suspicious of her and never really liked her for some reason. Now, I know why I never liked her.

"Is this real?" I heard Dean ask from beside of me. I turned to look at him to see he looked very surprised. Was he acting or was he serious because I couldn't tell the difference. The nurse moved her hand away from Wendy and revealed a spike coming out of her hand. Of course, I just so happened to be drawing that forever ago. The nurse licked the spike and it retreated back into her hand.

"Now I know why I never liked you." I said smirking at her.

"Oh, it is real, Sugar," The nurse said smirking. "It's very real." The nurse grabbed Dean and threw him into the wall. The older guy rushed forward to hit the nurse, but she knocked him back. While the nurse was punching Dean senseless, I saw a letter opener laying on the ground. I quickly grabbed it and ran over to the nurse. I pushed her away from Dean and sliced her hand with the letter opener causing her to shot in pain. Of course, she got mad and I was knocked to the ground.

The nurse closed the door as the older guy rushed over to Wendy. I came over to look over her too and suddenly her eyes closed, but opened back up a second later.

"She's alive," The older guy said in relief. "Dean? Can you hear me? Dean!" The older guy grabbed some of the sheets and was trying to stop the bleeding in Wendy's wrists. "You've gotta get out there and kill that thing. I'll take care of her."

Dean shook his head while stuttering, "I-I can't." Dean was looking a little dizzy so I went over to make sure he was okay.

"You have to. You have no choice, son," The man motioned for us to leave. Two orderlies rushed into the room and were trying to restrain the older man. While they were busy with him, he shouted out, "Go. Dean, run! Run!" Dean struggled to get to his feet so I grabbed his arm and threw it over my shoulder.  Then, I dragged him out of the room.

***

Dean was stumbling as I tried to keep him up. I looked for anything that would lead us to the nurse. I finally found some blood droplets on the ground so I dragged Dean behind me while following the trail of blood. Dean was getting to be really heavy so I tried with all of my might to keep him up. The trail finally ended when we got to a door so Dean and I slammed it opened, walking inside. We saw the wraith sitting over Sam was strapped to the bed in the padded room.

"You get away from him." Dean demanded still looking a little dizzy.

The wraith stood up to face Dean and I, "Do you really think this is gonna end well for you, kiddo?" The wraith looked over to me and smirked, "Oh, but don't worry, Amy. You're next."

"No," Dean shook his head. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver blade. "But I'm crazy, so, what the hell?" The wraith chuckled as the spike retreated back into her arm. While Dean and the wraith were fighting it out, I went over to one of the straps holding Sam down, trying to take it off of him.

Sam stared at me, "What are you doing here?"

I shrugged as I went over to one of the other straps, "Oh, you know, just decided to take an unintentional walk when I decided to just come along and see what you guys were doing." I heard a slam so I turned to see the wraith had Dean pinned to the wall while she tried to stab him with her spike. Dean grabbed it and broke it. The wraith screamed out in pain as blood spurted out of what was left of the spike. Dean hurried and picked up the silver blade, turning and stabbing the wraith in the chest. The wraith stopped in her tracks with wide eyes. Dean let go of the knife as the wraith fell to the ground.

Sam watched Dean warily, "You still crazy?"

Dean turned to Sam and I, "Not any more than usual," Dean came over and helped me get the last two straps off. "We gotta get out of here." As we were getting the last strap an alarm started to blare outside in the hallway.

***

We busted out of the nearest exit and started to run toward the woods. We finally got to Sam and Dean's car which looked amazing by the way. I stopped and took a few deep breaths placing my hands on my hips. "Well, looks like Tom Cruise was right. Shrinks suck."

I nodded, "Tell me about it."

Dean looked over at Sam who was standing at the trunk sighing, "What are you doing? Sam? You okay?"

Sam shook his head, "No. No. The wraith-"

"What about her?" Dean asked.

"She was right." Sam replied.

"No, she wasn't. She's dead, okay? Let's hit the road. I need a drink, or twelve." Dean said starting to get in the car, but what Sam said next stopped him.

"Most of the time, I can hide it, but...I am angry. I'm mad at everything. I used to be mad at you and Dad, then Lilith, now it's Lucifer, and I make excuses. I blame Ruby or the demon blood, but it's not their fault. It's not them. It's me. It's inside me. I'm mad...all the time...and I don't know why." Sam had a look of anguish and exasperation all over his face.

Dean stepped closer to Sam, "Okay, stop. Stop it. So what if you are? What are you gonna do? You gonna take a leave of absence? You gonna say yes to Lucifer? What?"

"No, of course not. I-" Sam was cut off.

Dean looked at Sam trying to get him to reason, "Exactly. And that's exactly what you're gonna do. You're gonna take all that crap and you're gonna bury it. You're gonna forget about it, because that's how we keep going! That's how we don't end up like Martin! Are you with me?" Sam is completely silent. "Come on, man. Are you with me?" Dean repeated the question.

Sam nodded, "I'm with you."

I finally spoke up for once in the conversation, "You want some company?" Dean and Sam smiled lightly at me.

"That would be great." Sam said. The two started to get in the car and I got in the backseat. We finally drove away and it felt amazing.