{13} Oh Good! He's Back...

***

***

I walked into the kitchen and saw Adam heading straight for the door. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "And where exactly do you think you're going?" I asked him. He froze and slowly turned to face me.

"Out for a...beer." Adam lied.

"Oh, that's great then. We have beer here so sit down." I said to him pointing to the chair behind me.

"Great," Adam sighed and walked over to the seat. I walked over to the fridge and got a beer placing it on the table in front of him. "You know, Sam pitched this whole dewy-eyed bromance thing, but the truth is, I'm on lockdown, aren't I?"

"Adam, from what I heard about your dad from the boys, you may not believe it, but he was trying to protect you. Keeping you from all of this." I explained to him. I was a lot calmer than I was before. I sat down across from him.

"Yeah well, I guess the monster that ate me didn't get that memo." Adam said.

"You remember that happening?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah." Adam replied.

"Trust me on this though, it's better to see your dad once a year than not seeing him at all." I explained.

"Do you know how full of crap you are?" Adam asked.

"What?" I questioned him.

"Really. You see, it was me and it was my mom. That's it. She worked the graveyard shift at the hospital. I cooked my own dinners. I put myself to bed. So you can say whatever you want about dads, but the truth is, I would have taken anything. Alright?" Adam asked me.

"You think your past was so bad? Really?" Adam nodded. "I'm gonna tell you a little story and I want you to really listen, okay?" I leaned back against my chair and started talking, "I have never known my dad. Like you, it was only my mom and I. No one else. I would've done anything for her and she would've done anything for me. So I get where your coming from. Then when I was nine-years-old, my mom died and I was alone. I was sent to a group home because I had no family. I was never adopted and then I started to hear things that nobody could hear. I started to see things nobody could see."

"Why?" Adam questioned.

"Because I was a Banshee. They didn't know that though. Nobody knew anything about the supernatural world. Do you wanna know what they did to me?" Adam said nothing. "They put me in a mental hospital. I was thirteen and I was scared, but they didn't care at all. They just threw me in there like I didn't matter. I was stuck there for three whole years until Sam and Dean came because they were working a case there. So you think your past is bad, but nothing is worse than getting falsely accused of being insane and having no one." It was silent for awhile and I stood up about to leave, but stopped. "You know, with an attitude like yours, you'd fit right in around here."