{4} The Demon

***

***

Dean, Sam, an I were walking to the car after finding a new motel. Sam had been bringing up a bunch of weird stuff on the way to the car and the next thing he asked made me suspicious. "So, uh, where we going, anyway?" Sam asked us.

"We're going to work. You know, with the case?" I replied to his question confusedly.

Sam had a look of realization, "Oh, right. Yeah – the case. Of course. Where, uh, do you want to start?" 

"Well, since you couldn't find where Maggie Briggs was buried, now we have to do an all-day tombstone roll to see if we can dig her up." Dean grumbled. More walking, yay! Just what I wanted. Not.

Sam had an excited look on his face, "Wait. M-Maggie Briggs? You mean, like – like, the witch Maggie Briggs?" He asked.

"Yes, Sam. The witch." I replied.

"Yeah, she's in the basement." Sam said. I paused, didn't Dean say that last night he couldn't find where she was buried?

"Come again? W-what basement?" Dean questioned in slight surprise.

Sam had this weird smile on his face, "Isaiah Pickett's house. Okay, there's this legend that he hung her, but he didn't. The real truth is that she was carrying his illegitimate child, and he killed her and then buried her in the basement." Well, isn't that that just a lovely story.

"The murdered chylde," Dean said in realization. "That would explain the scratches. How do you know all this?"

"Oh, I've done all kinds of research on it," Dean and I look at him in surprise. "I mean, you know, last night." Sam rephrased. Dean and I nodded to him slowly.

"Um, yeah. Okay." I said. Then, we all got into the car and Dean turned on the radio. Suddenly, Rock 'n' Roll Never Forgets comes on the radio and Sam's reaction makes me really shocked.

"Aw, man, turn it up!" Sam said enthusiastically.

"Seriously?" Dean and I asked.

"Hell yeah!" Sam said. Dean turned up the radio and then we took off driving.

***

 I walked down the stairs and into the basement with Sam and Dean. There was cobwebs everywhere and you could see the dust in the air. There was only one window in the room and a light that I'm pretty sure doesn't work.

"Boo-yah! Master chief is in the house, bizatches!" Sam said excitedly. Dean and I turned to Sam and looked at him in confusion.