♡Hurt with a human heater//Yu Takeyama

Yu Takeyama (Mt Lady) x Reader

Gender Neutral

Reader's Quirk: The Reader can change their body temperature from solidifying cold to hot enough to evaporate water. The reader does not feel these temperatures, only those touch them or in a 10 ft radius of them will.

Hero Name: Burning-Cold

THIRD PERSON POV

You had just finished preparing food, Yu was coming over tonight so you wanted to make sure everything was perfect from head to toe. Sighing in anticipation, you gazed out of the window: heavy drops of rain and hailstones clashing furiously against the transparent, fragile glass in a violent and noisy manner. The sound of your doorbell rang throughout your house, you rushed to greet your guest.

Quickly, you opened the door, not wanting to leave you guest in the miserable weather. You screamed.

"Y-Yu?! Oh my god - WHAT HAPPENED!?"

There in front of you stood your closest friend Yu, bleeding and bruised. Her cheery demeanour non-existent, her once smooth skin battered and flushed with ugly purple bruises.

You rushed her inside and helped her lay down on your couch, running to the bathroom to search for the first aid kit in one of your cabinets.

"Yu? Yu, are you okay?"

She wheezed and coughed "Ran into a villain in the way here... no biggie!" She tried reassuring with a hearty tone, you didn't buy it.

You whined at her attempts, applying antiseptic to her wounds. She hissed in response to the searing pain inflicted by the healing elixir against her cuts. You frowned, you hated to see her in pain.

"What's this? The great and mighty Burning-Cold looks troubled?" Yu chuckled, before spluttering and coughing. You huffed and lightly shook your head in disapproval at her attempts to cheer you up.

"Yu... please.."

"(Y/N).. I'm sorry,"

It was silent for a moment, every passing second creating more and more tension. You then heard... crying?

"(Y/N), I - I'm sorry I always disappoint you like this! W-Why can't I be like you?! You're so composed and gentle, I'm always so reckless!"

"Yu... what are you saying?" My heart ached for her. I couldn't stand seeing her distraught.

"Don't you understand?! I'm shitty at my job. How am I meant to make sure people don't get hurt if I can't even prevent myself from getting hurt?!"

"I..." You didn't know how to respond to her tone of anguish. You sighed and looked down at the floor. "Yu... I know being a hero your main priority is the public's safety. But you really have to make sure you're safe too. I believe in you, Yu. I think you're absolutely spectacular, as Yu or Mt. Lady. You still have a lot to learn, yes. But honestly, you're really special, especially to me."

In response to your words, she let out a strangled, loud sob.

"U-Uh, Yu! Are you okay?! Did I say the wrong things?!"

She stopped crying for a moment and looked up at you with bloodshot eyes, before beginning to laugh.

"Eh?! Why are you laughing?! I'm so confused?!?!"

"Aw, (Y/N)! I didn't know you liked me~!"

"Wha?! I never said anything about that!" You screeched defensively, a large blush spreading against your cheeks.

"Oh? So you don't like me..?" She tilted her head like a puppy and looked deep into your eyes with her bulging ones.

"Well, gah, I don't know?! I-I guess I like you?!" You confessed, face even redder than before.

"Fuck yeah!" She fist pumped in the air but retraced her sore arm and winced almost immediately.

"Yu, don't mess up your body even more! Rest, okay?"

"I don't wanna..." She whined

Then you remembered...

"THE FOOD!"

"Huh?"

You sprinted into your kitchen and saw your food that you planned on serving.

"NO, ITS COLD!!! WHY?!"

You heard laughter coming from the living room. You really couldn't be asked to do anything so you sat down next to Yu and sighed. Her chortling had died down thankfully, her laughter only made you feel more shameful.

"Ugh, damnit Yu. Go to sleep,"

"Noooo,"

"Yessssss,"

"Alright, fine! On one condition though,"

"Oh my god, what now?"

"Sleep with me,"

"I, UH, WHAT?!"

"Ugh, not in that way, silly. Be my heater,"

"Why me? Wouldn't you rather an actual heater?!"

"I can't cuddle with that," she pouted, her puppy dog eyes staring into your soul.

"You want to cuddle?!"

"Well, you like me, don't you?"

"Well, uh, yeah?"

"And I like you,"

"Ye— wait what,"

"And you're able to be cold or super warm! Plus now that we're a thing we can cuddle!"

"We're a thing?!"

"Shhh, now get over here, human heater!"

She dragged you into her arms, you squealed out of surprise.

"Work your magic~"

Gradually, your body temperature began to rise, heat spreading from every nook and cranny.

Yu sighed in content. You however was still in pure flabbergast. You guys were a thing now?

You decided you would ask about it tomorrow morning, right now all that mattered was Yu, cuddling and yourself.

You eventually nodded off into a sweet sleep, Yu snuggling up close to you.