Chapter 9: Minty... I Love It

We headed to the closes ice cream shop that was near us. The shop was very vintage, it was amazing. Once you enter the store, you would see the red cushion stools and the glass where all the myriad of ice cream flavors were at. Poor Sunny had to stay outside for a few minutes until we get our ice cream. Anyways, as I was saying... around the store, it had booths that makes half a circle and pictures from different celebrities that visit this store. It was just outstanding. We waited in line for a couple of minutes until they took our order.

" What would you like?" the ice cream waitress asked Alec completely ignoring me. She kept smiling at him and he was so clueless. He was a child looking at all the different flavors displayed. When he looked up, he turned to look at me but, I turned the other way. I was a bit insecure since she was pretty and all and I am looking like a umpa lumpa. Of course I would never admit that to him or to anyone.

"I don't know yet. Babe what do you want?" Once he said that, my neck turned so hard I swear it cracked. I was a bit shocked, he either knew that the waitress was getting all his attention or he saw me getting insecure.

" I guess I'll have Cotton Candy flavor" I say with a smile forming on its own. Babe. That word had my brain swirling. I should not be over thinking anything just yet.

"As you wish" the waitress said with a rude tone and a eye roll. Thats right, be mad, I say rolling my eyes as well. I can see from the corner of my eyes, Alec just shaking his head, smiling.

"I will have the Mint Chocolate Chip" Alec says smiling at me. Why was he being so weird. Does he really like me or am I just reading into it too much. Wait of course he likes you, he admitted it.

I insisted on paying but of course, every guy in the entire world is stubborn and prefers to pay. But, hey free food ha. We headed outside to retrieve Sunny. He was just soooo cute, waggling his tail.

"So the waitress was cute" Alec says to me. I looked at him with my whole face confused and my nose scrunching upwards. Didn't he just called me babe a minute ago?

"I am just kidding. But, your face expression tells me that you are jealous and that you like me" he said licking his ice cream completely ignoring the spoon. I rolled my eyes, I was not having this conversation, of course I like him. Who wouldn't? He's freaking drop dead gorgeous, of course I will never tell him that. His ego is pretty huge at the moment.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" I tell him. Throughout our walk, it was silent. Not the awkward silent but, the nice one that you will not dare to speak. It was calming. Once we finished our ice cream, we threw away the cup and we stopped at this bench near the playground from the park that I was originally going to go.

"Nora, I really like you but, we can't date" Alec tells me. Ouch, well that hurts. I stared down at my feet. I should really get new shoes, I haven't gotten new pairs in a while.

" Okay, that came out wrong. I want to date you, I really do. I just... let me start all over" he says lifting my chin up. This is so cliche omg. " I really do dig you but, if Riles finds out we are dating, she would lose her shit"

"Why does she even care, she prohibit me from dating you and now you are telling me that we can not date. What is it, is she like super over protective or does she not think I am good enough to date her brother?" I say joking but, I was slightly not. Alec did not say anything. He just looked straight ahead were toddlers were playing. After a few seconds...

"Yea, she's over protective. She doesn't want me to date you." he says still not looking at me.

"So no what?" I say to him

" I don't know but, all I know is that I like kissing you" he says, leaning in slowly. I stood their waiting for him to just crash his lips to me. I can smell his breathe, minty.... I love it.

------------------

Phew, here's another chapter babes. Like and Comment!!! xoxo