Chapter 15: Sorry, Wrong Number

Alec's POV:

I was on the freeway, ready to head back home from a long day. This day already started rough. I can't believe I just did that. Riley really knows how to get under my skin sometimes.

 This was a mistake, a very stupid mistake. Im not sure how Nora is going to react about this. I mean, should I tell her? We aren't officially together or anything, I don't necessarily owe her any type of explanation.

A few miles left. 

My music was blasting through the speakers, hoping it would make me stop thinking for once. The AC was blasting as well. Blink 182 was currently playing... their newest album is really good. With their music, you forget to think and all you do is sing along.

--------------------------

7 songs later, I got off the freeway and started to head straight home. I did forget for a while but, going through the suburbs, everything started to come back again. I don't know why it bugs me a lot. Its not like I cheated on her. I mean I wouldn't either way...

As the road continued ahead of me, I finally saw the house I grew up. 

Pressing the button for the gate to open up, I parked my car in front of the garage. 

Turning off the car, I got my keys and started to head through the front door. My head was still spinning and playing the night.

I wasn't looking up but, once I did.... she was there. 

"What are you doing here?!?!" I yelled. I didn't mean to yell, she just frighten me. I wasn't expecting her to show up.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? You know exactly why I'm here. Don't act stupid now" she yells at me. I got to admit she looks adorable yelling at me. She's so short and cute. Though she was being cute, I had no idea why she was yelling at me, does she know? How could she?

"Get in the car" 

We needed to talk and I know we can't talk here, Riley would be here any minute unless she's already in the house. 

 Nora , on the other hand, was not moving from her spot and it was getting me annoyed, we needed to get out from here asap. 

"Nora, get in the car now! Don't make me drag you."  Now she's making it difficult to even speak with her in private. She just continued to ignore me and gave me her shoulder. 

"You wanted to play hard, fine." I went up to her and put her on my shoulder. She was playing hard to get. One way or another we are getting out of here.

"ALEC! PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT" I hear her yelling. She made me do this, she was being stubborn and I was left with no choice. I settled her in the passenger seat and buckled her up, I rushed to the drivers seat and she was glaring at me. I just simply rolled my eyes on how childish she was being. I got out the drive way and we were off.

Few minutes later...

By now, we were in the freeway and we were off to the beach. I wasn't going to tell her where we were going, I wanted to be a bit of a surprise.

"Fine. Stop the car now" she tells me loud enough. What can she possibly need right now. We were literally in the freeway, I can't stop unless its an emergency. 

"Alec, stop the car now" 

I heard a clink noise and the red light where the gas signal was appearing was analyzing that one of us had unbuckled our seat belt. I turned to look at her and noticed that she unbuckled herself. 

"Put your seat belt back on."  She was getting me fired up. I reach over and reached for the seat belt, my left hand on the steering and my right, trying to unbuckle a five year old. Thank the goddesses for my excellent driving or else we would of been in a car accident by now.

"Get your hand off me, put it back on the steering wheel and drive me back home!"

"Then put your seat belt on now" At this point, I was pretty scared. I can't deal with this right now.

 We argued back and forth until she finally let it go and put her seat belt back on. 

What a relief. 

We were thirty minutes away from our destination, neither of us has said a word after the whole scene Nora created. I just needed to talk to her. Within those thirty minutes, I came to the conclusion that I am going to tell her about what happened. I didn't want to keep it a secret. 

Once we got off the freeway, I looked over and saw her confused and surprised at the same time. She's clearly haven't been here for a long time.

 We went straight to the beach and parked.

"You could of told me we were going to the beach you know" she tells me while looking at the waves with a small smile forming her lips. Man those lips. 

"It would ruin the surprise, so surprise" I say while signaling to give me her hand. Once she gave me her hand, I lead her to the bridge where no one really hangs out. 

Once we made it under the bridge, we sat down next to each other. We were both silent. Unsure of what to say.

"Nora...." I start saying but she interrupted me. 

"Why did you send that text, you just gave me no explanation afterwards" 

I looked at her confused, what is she talking about? She was still looking down. 

"What text?" What is she even talking about? I don't remember texting her... 

"You texted me saying that you just wanted to be friends" still not looking at me. I grabbed her face and made her look at me. She looks so adorable at the moment. Her head was facing me and her eyes was looking somewhere else. 

"Nora look at me please" I wanted her to look at me. 

Eventually she listened. The moment that she did that, I kissed her. Kissed her hard enough to prove to her that I do not want to be friends. I never did. 

"I do not want to be friends, I never sent you a text saying that" 

"Then who did? C'mon Alec, if you sent it then it must be true" she grabbed my hands from her cheeks and slowly started to remove them. 

"No you are wrong, I never sent anything. I do not even have my phone on me" its true, I do not even have it on me, last time I saw it was... 

she's dead. 

"Can you just take me home, I really need to get home" she started to get up. I know I should stop her but right now, someone else was on my mind. 

I got up and headed to the car and we left the beach. 

-------------------------------------------------

I know, I know. I am the worse. Sorry I have not been posting! and I know I keep saying sorry but, I am. I will try to be more consistent with this story. The juicy parts are coming believe me on that! Also, does anyone else gets sad when hearing Adele bc that's currently happening to me hahaha. Listen to Remedy from her! xoxox

p.s. I love the feedback you guys are giving me hehe. Like and Comment!