Chapter 13 : Now or Never

Nora's POV:

I stared out the window from my bed. The moon was sparkling from its glow and the stars were shinning to add it'd beauty in the dark sky. The window was open which made the windy air come inside. The time claimed one and sleep was not on my mind. I had so much in my head  that it was impossible to shut my eyes and make myself sleep. Alec's text kept spinning and swirling all over my brain and I tried to think of anything else but, it kept crawling up each time. What made him change his mind? I really thought we had something going on. 

I shut my eye and they, once again, shot opened. Tomorrow, well today, I will ask him what went wrong or what changed his mind. He was so set on making this work and now, he wants out. Who does that? Coward. 

I grabbed my earphones from the side table on my right and played music. Currently, the Foo Fighters were blasting in my ears and the lyrics were displayed in my brain. Each word was floating and the songs became more realistic. Like I was able to relate on what they were saying.

After the 5th song, the rest of the music was a blur. 

The ACTUAL Morning

I woke up with my earphones in my ear. I felt the pain once I took them off. It hurt a lot. My ears felt numbed. Note to self, never sleep with earphones ever again! I got up to shut the window and headed towards the bathroom. I took a shower and brushed my teeth, you know, the usual thing. I hate showering in the morning but after sleeping a bit late, I needed a cold shower to fully wake me up. 

"Honey, why are you awake so early" my mother says from the other side of the door. What time is it? I just got up and didn't check.

"Uhmmm, what time is it exactly" I asked her.

"It's six in the morning, thats why I'm asking"

"Six in the morning!?!" why am I up so early, it felt like it was 10. I opened the door , obviously with a towel on, and said my good mornings to my mother. Heading towards my room, I locked it and went to my closet were I got a creamy yellow crop top that spelled honey on the right side and some high waisted denim shorts. I paired them with my black and white high top converse and did my "makeup" which consisted nothing but mascara and concealer. I looked at my mirror were I grabbed some pieces of my hair from each side and pushed it back with a hair tie. I smiled and headed towards the kitchen. 

I saw my mother making breakfast for us and I did offer to help but, between you and me, I cannot cook even if my life depended on it. I grabbed a plate from the cabinet and serve me some scramble eggs and made myself an avocado toast. 

"Soooo, any plans today mom?" I asked.

"I am going to work today, and yes I know today is my day off but, I am covering Alessia's shift" she tells me while serving me a glass of water. I thanked her and nodded. 

"What about you sweetie, are you going to hang out with Riley today" she asked looking up from her cooking process. I nodded, I mean yea I was going to talk to Riley and her not replying to my text but, I was more anxious about Alec. I needed to talk to him badly. I need answers. Not a breakup text which sucks by the way. He needs to explain what happened. 

My mother smiled and continued to cook eggs and make waffles for the rest of my family. I went to our living room were the tv was in front of a large window, a table in the middle of the tv and the couch, and lastly our couch. Sunny was in the corner laying down with his blue stuff monkey that we got him for Christmas. Let me tell you, he loves that monkey a lot. He takes it everywhere with him. I looked to my right where I see every frame portrait that my family and I have took over the years.

There's this one picture I really like in particular. It was a family trip where we went to Verona, Italy and we visit the famous Arena di Verona. Its were famous Opera's perform. Of course we didn't see anyone in particular, we just took a picture outside of the arena. Looking at this picture brings out the very cherish memories that I hope I would never forget. It was such a beautiful experience and Italy itself was amazing. I smiled at the picture and headed towards the couch where Sunny joined me. We watched "How I Met Your Mother" and it still amazes me how this show still manages to make me laugh so much. I have watched this show like so many times to the point were I know each line and remember every scene by heart. 

I checked the time after 10 episodes had passed. It read 11 o' clock and I believe now it is time to confront Alec. Hopefully he is the one I see first, I mean don't get me wrong... I want to see Riley  too but, we are not in a huge argument or ignoring each other (I hope not). As in Alec and I.

Anyways, I grabbed my wallet and phone and headed to Riley's house. It's now or never. I just hope this goes well. 

--------------------------

Hey my beautiful readers, I am so sorry I haven't been uploading and I know its been a while since I last uploaded and I hope you guys can forgive me for it.... With school and having writer's block, it was difficult to have the time to write. Now I am back and better. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Like and comment letting me know if you guys are liking it so far! xxx