Chapter 31: Sneaky Boy

I woke up empty handed. I looked around my room to see if he was here but he wasn't. He was gone, he must of waited until I fell deep asleep. This is disappointing. Sure I didn't forgive him or anything, but the fact that we made "love" last night and for him to leave abruptly is so ughh. 

I got up a little and started to lean back on the bed frame. I covered myself and started crying. I don't know why but I just started to sob. It is just upsetting. This whole situation is chaotic as it is and I just don't know what to do anymore. So many thoughts were whirling in my brain that it was exhausting having to make excuses on why lies after lies were acceptable. 

I know I have to face Riles soon and have a talk about her being in love with me. Obviously, I am not mad at her for being in love with me, I'm mad at the fact that she lied. As well, I am hurt that she didn't tell me or that she was afraid to. I am her best friend, she should be able to tell me anything, no matter what it is. 

I'm just unsure if I can forgive her for the lies. She lied several times and continued to lie. Also, she did tried to stop me from falling in love with her brother. She can't control how I feel. I may not see her that way but, the fact that she didn't let me be able to control my feelings is outrageous.

I just don't know anymore. I really don't.

I was in deep thought at this point, the tears dried up and I heard my door nob shake. The door opened and it was Alec. I was confused, I thought he left in the middle of the night and why is he coming from down stairs? 

The tray of food in this hands explained it. He made scrambled eggs with a side of hash browns. 

I frowned at him. 

"Hi sorry, I made you food" he said quietly. He comes to my side and places the tray on top of my  night stand. 

I love him and it hurts that not a single bone could ever hate him.

The tears from earlier came back.

He was confused but pulled me towards him. He was hugging me tight and it made me want to cry even more. 

I felt a kiss on top of my head and I wiped the tears off my cheeks. He notices my hand and grabs my chin so I can look up at him. 

His eyes looked sad. He was in pain too.

"Why are you crying" he whispered. I kept looking at his eyes and noticed the very dark circles. Did he even sleep last night or the day before? He looks exhausted. 

"Have you slept" I said firmly. I brushed my finger on his cheek. He gave me a small smile which answered my question. He hasn't.

"I don't know if I should be mad at you, I understand why you did it. You were keeping her secret but, you lied to me" I said while trying to leave his side. He held onto me tight.

"Don't" he said letting a sigh afterwards.

I didn't have the strength to fight him. Having him hold me was nice, his warmth was what I needed. 

" You have no idea how many time I wanted to tell you. But, it wasn't my secret to tell you. Nora, I'm in love with you and it hurt so much when I saw you hurt. I was so scared that I lost you and I went off on Riley. But once I heard my phone ring and saw your name... my heart stopped. I had so many things wandering in my brain and once I said your name, you clicked. I know you wanted your space but I needed to see you. I'm being selfish" he let out loosing his grip on me. His face was red or blushy, I couldn't really tell. 

He does have a point, it wasn't his secret.. but the lies. It just made it seem as if I was a secret to him.

I didn't say anything to him but put my arms around his torso and hugged him. 

We stayed like that for a long while, saying nothing and letting our private thoughts linger around the room. 

Eventually, I needed to shower so I told him he can wait for me or he can leave. He refused to even listen to the second option. So he waited. 

I took a while. I needed to think clearly on what I am going to do next. 

---------------------------------

lol hiiiiiiiiii, yes I know its been such a long time. I hope everyone is safe and surviving this pandemic <3 now that I have time, I am going to finish it bc its soooooo long over due and yea. Next chapter is Riley's POV. 

like and comment if you hate me for taking about two years to finish this story <3