Chapter 12: Bad at Love

Nora's POV:

After the encounter with Alec yesterday, I could not play off this smile of my face. He has me like a middle school girl who finally had her first kissed in the playground under the slides. I woke up on the right side of the bed. I checked the timer on my phone, hoping Alec sent me a text. He didn't by the way, I mean who cares right? He doesn't need to text me. Anyways, I got up from my bed and headed towards the bathroom across the hallway. I tried not waking up anyone but of course my brother was awake already. The way I know this is by the giggling happening in the restroom. 

"Max hurry up! I need to use the restroom" its true. I had to use it badly, I drank wayyyy to much water during the night. I have a habit of drinking at night due to waking up in the middle of the night with a dry throat.

"Hold up, I am doing number 2" he responded. Great its going to take a while now. I guess I can look for an outfit today. I am not sure if I am hanging out with Riley today. I should probably text her. 

To Riles: Hey! What are you doing today? or more like we. What are we doing today

Sent 

It did not take long until Riles responded, she's a fast texter. 

From Riles: Nothing, can't hang today. Family stuff.

Family stuff? Since when. Her family isn't much of an event type. Its mostly Riley who likes/ creates events. 

To Riles: Is everything okay?

Sent

Few minutes later...

I waited for Riles to respond and she never responded. Its odd, she never does that... she always responds even if something was bugging her. Not wait, she would call and tell me to come over but, the call never came through.

 I couldn't wait any longer. I got up from my bed and headed straight to the door.

"MAXIMUS GEORGE ADAMS! I SWEAR IF YOU DO NOT GET OUT OF THE RESTROOM THIS INSTANT, I WILL BREAK THIS DOOR MYSELF AND DRAG YOU OUT OF THERE" I yelled from the other side of the door. He's been there since the longest and I couldn't take it anymore. I have to go badly....

I was getting ready to yell at him again until he suddenly opened the restroom. He looked up and laughed at me. This little devil was just in there for no dam reason. Bloody hell. 

I shoved him out my way and went straight to the toilet. After I did my business, I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. I went to my room and looked at the clothes I chose today. It was an off shoulder romper with a pattern of white and gray stripes. I paired them with black laced sandals that laces up to my ankles. I applied a bit of lite makeup which consisted of concealer and mascara. I don't really do my eyebrows since their pretty full and I don't have much of empty spots.

I stared at myself in the mirror for quite a while. I was looking at my face. I was really pale. In Washington, there wasn't much sun that would darken my skin. The weather today was 82 degrees. It wasn't hot at all. The only time it gets hot is when its raining and its hot at the same time. Both these combos are a no go. Wenatchee was the place were it gets crazy with the rain. I mean other places in Washington does too but, I've only been to Seattle and it isn't as crazy as Wenatchee. 

Once I stopped looking at myself in the mirror, I was debating in my mind if I should text Alec or not. I mean what would I say? Oh wait I know

To Alec: Hey, wanna hang today? I have no plans and I am bored.  

Sent

Few hours went by after I sent that text to Alec. Was he ignoring me? I hate thinking this, he wasn't mine to begin with. He's probably just busy.

Few hours later....

After sending the message to Alec, I may or may have not been waiting for him to reply ever since. But I did managed to keep myself occupied. I cleaned my messy room which was pretty bad. I had bowls from weeks ago and dirty clothes in the corner of my room. Yes, I am a messy, unorganized person. Don't judge me, I forget to clean sometimes, wow I am a slob. 

Beep

My phone went off and I went to check who it was. I saw that Alec had finally responded to my message but what I read was something unexpected.

From Alec: I think its best if we stay friends. 

This text shattered my heart. I stared at my screen and I couldn't believe what I read. What does he mean we should stay as friends? Didn't he just tell me he liked me? What did I do. I had so many questions swirling in my brain. I was getting a bit lightheaded from thinking way too much. I sat on the corner of my bed with a disbelief face. I just don't understand what went wrong? I thought it was going great, well I think for one of us... it was going great. 

To Alec: Did I do something wrong?

Not Delivered

What the heck? Did he do what I think he did? At this point, I felt like crying. I know I shouldn't be crying over a guy but, this actually hurts. 

I crawled into my bed and I just laid there. I had so many thoughts running through my mind. I kept replaying the text in my head. It took him that long to respond and this was what he said?

Tomorrow, I am going to demand an explanation. Right now, I just want to lay in bed and think about what I am going to say to him. Either way, I need to talk to Riley too. She still hasn't responded to me. 

-------------------------------

You guys we are raking #80 on the awkward section! WOOOOHOOO. Anyways heres another chapter for you guys. I have been writing a lot more. Ideas just keep floating in my brain. 

Like and Comment!!! Also, any book recommendations that I can read on wattpad? xoxox