oo1. the sewing machine.

ミ☆

✧*:・

✧*:・

THE dirty blonde smiled in victory, two large dimples pierced across each pale cheek. "i told you, ser, didn't i?" she called smugly in triumph to a girl who was paying little to no attention. "you did rosie. you really did. can we go now?" asked the dark-haired girl, her eyebrows scrunched together in annoyance as her thumb chipped the black paint off her ring finger.

"nuh-uh!" rosie exclaimed, getting down onto her knees. "come here and help me get this thing out." serena sucked her stomach in, letting the air back out in a long groan of despair. "you're a nightmare, you are." she declared, scurrying over to aid the ditsy blonde. "move, just- ok, stop, move." she said, waving her arms infront of rosie. "i'll get it. you've got the strength of a teaspoon, rose."

rosie gave serena a half smile in gratitude, her bright blue eyes growing in admiration as her best friend slid out what was the grandest looking sewing machine she ever lay her eyes upon. "woah." she breathed out, too stunned to piece together a proper sentence. serena looked at the blonde, then back at the machine, and raised her eyebrow.

"rosie, this is a piece of garbage."

the shorter girl frowned, looking up at the brunette. "well, it's perfect to me." she said, standing up and brushing off the dust from her dress. in utmost determination she bent down, slid her hands under the machine, let out a deep breathe, and heaved it upwards into her arms. "let's go." she issued, turning her stance towards the door, and marching off in a straight line.

serena shook her head, a slight chuckle escaping her lips. "you look pathetic, rosie." she said to the blonde, also standing up from the floor. "that machine alone is half your height. are you sure you don't want to leave it here and collect it later?" "no!" rosie gasped, nearly tripping over her own tiny feet as she whipped around to face serena. "this is the last sewing machine left serena. it's mine. i'm claiming it and i'm claiming it now. let's go."

ever since rosie millers home economics teacher quit out of unexplained circumstances, and left the equipment in her room for grabs, the blonde has been seen nowhere else in her spare time but in this very room. like most girls, rosie always wanted to be an actor. but also like most girls- rosie miller sucked at acting.

but rosie, however, didn't suck at sewing. the girl could make practically anything out of a bit of fabric. the blonde never wanted to be a tailor, it wasn't even something that crossed her mind. but unlike most people, rosie didn't find something she was passionate about and forced herself to be good at it- she found something she was good at and forced herself to be passionate about it. because being good at things wasn't exactly rosie's strongest suit. not things that could earn her a future anyways.