oo8. the poodle and giraffe.

✧*:・

✧*:・

"YOU have to tell them eventually. i'm not trying to rush you, but i think you should realise that you can't keep it a secret forever."

rosie said as she swung her legs off the park swing, the wind blowing her hair softly. the moon shone down on her lightly, the late night air crisp and quiet, bar the occasional hoot's of owls in nearby trees. the stars were bright tonight, making rosie a little less scared of the dark then she usually was.

"i know that. and i will. but just not now," her best friend said beside her, a sad tone to her voice. her coming out was by far her least favourite topic. "sweet?" she asked, edging a packet of gummy bears to the blonde. she took one reluctantly, as her hand had been warm in her pocket. "thanks," the blonde murmured, kicking her feet off the ground and swinging slowly.

"so are you and mj like a thing now?" the blonde asked, turning to face the other girl. serena stayed looking ahead of her. "that's a loaded question." she said, looking towards the blonde. "we aren't dating, if that's what you're asking. but she knows i like her. and i think she likes me too." rosie turned to face the girl, her eyebrows raised lazily. "well that's good, then."

serena nodded, and she too began swinging. "you've been spending some time with peter, that's new. are you into him?" serena asked, and rosie shook her head. "no, we've just become friends," she cleared up, shoving her hands back into the pockets of her coat. "and i'm not planning on liking him, either. he's head over heels for liz. it's quite sad, actually, considering how little she cares for him. he talks about her like she's this, this goddess or something. meanwhile when we're alone she's throwing slurs at him left and right," rosie said, slowing herself back into a halt. "he deserves better." she mumbled at the end.

serena nodded, looking up at the sky. "yeah, well, that's liz for you," she said with a sympathetic smile. "i should get you home," she said, turning towards the smaller blonde. "your mom isn't there anymore, is she?" rosie shook her head, and serena stood from her swing. "but i don't want you to go." the blonde said sadly, and serenas lips fell into a frown. "i know, but my dad will kill me. he hates when i bail like this. i'm already going to be killed for coming home this late and i don't want to push my luck,"

rosie huffed out a sad sigh, stopping her swing completely. serena outstretched her hand for the girl to take, yet another small smile of sympathy on her face. "you'll be alright, ro. you like having the house to yourself, remember?" she said as the blonde stood up from the swing, the two girls hands laced together. "i don't like it. it's scary. but i prefer that over my moms company, yes."

the pair walked out of the park, closing the gate shut behind them. "how's your job going, by the way?" serena asked the blonde, looking down quizzically. "it's alright, but not great. the smell of coffee is starting to give me migraines, and some of the costumers can be a real pain in the ass. i didn't get the whole 'dont talk to me before i've had my coffee' thing before i started working in a coffee shop. it's rough." rosie said, making serena crack a small smile.