o18. homecoming, part 2.

✧*:・

✧*:・

ROSIE paced frantically around her apartment, her stomach sick with nerves. it was now nearing 2am, 2am and yet she still hasn't heard from peter.

earlier that night, at homecoming, after ned and rosie got caught in the computer lab, the boy took her down to serena and asked that rosie was taken home. details were spared, but of course, serena said yes immediately. mj came along, as it was clear rosie was feeling a little under the weather, and the more company the better in times like these.

rosie told them as much as she could - of course, leaving out the fact that peter was spider-man. she told them that ned and herself had ended up there out of pure bad luck, and that peter got caught up in it too. she said the reason he walked out the fire exit in the first place was because he felt nauseous. it wasn't too hard to believe - peter parker was a nervous wreck most of the time anyways, and combine that with liz allan and homecoming? bound to be a natural disaster, right?

it was pretty clear that serena wasn't fully buying it, especially given her and rosie's previous conversation about how they both speculated peter may or may not be spider-man, but it was good enough of a story to tell mj.

but that was hours ago now. serena had to leave at midnight to take mj home, and she was also already drastically extending her own curfew given by her parents. rosie paced around her apartment alone. she had taken off her homecoming dress, and was instead wearing one of peter's hoodies, for as cliché as it sounds - it made her feel a little calmer. her hair was no longer styled or pinned in any places but instead cascading over her shoulders in a wavy mess, and she had well enough time to cry her makeup off.

she had called ned about 50 times, and peter about three times that amount. peter never picked up, and ned never knew where peter was. the worrying was starting to drive rosie insane, and on several occasions she considered walking out into the night and looking for peter herself, only she realistically would have no idea where to go, and it's not like she could drive, either.

aunt may had also swung by twice, worried sick, asking if rosie had any idea where peter was. both times, rosie answered no. and three times, rosie went over to aunt may instead, to ask if peter had maybe come home. she didn't want to tell aunt may that peter was spider-man on the off chance that she didn't know, and besides, how would she tell her that anyways? 'peter is off somewhere in a onesie, fighting liz's dad who apparently has wings. also, big men with firearms want him dead. good luck sleeping tonight!'

rosie was even so stressed, that on a few occasions, she considering calling her mom. but again - that idea was insane - as not only would her mom probably not appreciate a phone call from her, but how do you casually tell someone 'hey, it's 2am, i'm worried sick that my friend who is also a superhero who i'm also borderline in love with has been murdered?'