oo2. the bottom bunk.

✧*:・

✧*:・

ROSIE exhaled an audible breathe, a white cloud of cold air escaping her lips. she fumbled in her pockets, taking out a small flashlight, turning it on, and propping it inbetween her teeth for support. she rummaged through her bag, pulling out another book that she spread across her lap. she removed the flashlight from her mouth, her blue eyes looking up at the sky.

it had started to get dark, and the sky had become the colour of ink. rosie sat on her hands, shivering slightly as she looked down at the book on her lap, but she was no longer able to make out the calligraphy in this lighting. the blonde girl rolled her eyes, shutting the book instead of turning on her flashlight. she looked down at her wrist watch with the corner of her eye, cursing slightly under her breathe upon noticing that it was turning 2am.

bad luck followed the girl like a tail. just three hours ago she was sitting in the car with her friend serena, on her way back to her apartment complex from homecoming prep. and just three hours ago, she had left all her belongings in said girls car, all but her bag which had been draped over her shoulders at the time.

rosie grunted, closing her eyes shut. maybe, just maybe, she could fall asleep. sure, falling asleep in the middle of the night infront of your apartment complex didn't seem like the safest solution, but it sure as hell seemed like the most time consuming one- and the one rosie longed for the most. the blonde yanked her coat up from under her behind and threw it over her legs instead, pulling them up to her chest and laying her head down on her knees. if she couldn't fall asleep from exhaustion then she definitely could from boredom, the pages of the books around her blowing slightly in the light wind.

the girl breathed softly, thinking of all the possibilities of what she could do when she woke up. would serena already be here with her keys? or would she have to make the journey of walking to her house? the girl then started thinking about school, and about how fast homecoming was coming in such little time. not to mention, she had that trip to washington for nationals. the girl wasn't actually on the team, as science wasn't her strongest subject. her friend serena was the school photographer- and wherever serena went, rosie went.

the girls breathing started to get lower and steadier, and her thoughts started to slowly slip out of her mind, her body falling into a slumber. her right cheek was pressed against her knee, and rosie had fallen asleep. but the feeling of euphoria didn't last long - maybe twenty minutes at most - before a hand on her shoulder woke her up.

rosie's eyes fluttered vigorously, almost as if to try and adjust to the light, only there was none. the girl lifted her head, jumping slightly when she seen a face less than an arms length from hers. it was dark, but the moon shed just enough light to the extent where rosie could see that a boy was squatted down to her level, one hand on her shoulder while the other gathered up her books for her.