oo9. hotter offer.

✧*:・

✧*:・

ROSIE took purposely long wiping down the table, her eyes cautiously peering to her coworkers over the counter while her ears listened in on her friends conversation. making sure nobody was watching her, she whipped back over to face her friend, a smile of excitement edged upon her face. "tell us again, serena, go on. how did it happen?"

the brown haired girl rolled her eyes, her look of false annoyance easily cracked with the smile spread across her face. "aw, look at her, she's blushing! i've never seen her blush!" liz said with a pointing finger, rosie biting down on her lower lip to refrain herself from smiling her ass off. "ok, well, i'm blushing because you guys are embarrassing me," serena hissed, rosie and liz rolling their eyes in sync. the bell to the back door of the café rang, and rosie shuffled away to another table cautiously.

"i'm telling you, it wasn't that special. i just told her how i felt, and she said she felt the same. and then we, you know, kissed and stuff." serena said with a shrug, lifting her mug of coffee to her lips. liz wriggled her eyebrows at her. "and stuff?" she said suggestively, serenas face scrunching up in disgust. "no, liz, god. you're gross. it's not like we had sex or something, who do you think we are?"

liz sat back, her arm laying on the table lazily. "god, you even make the word sex sound boring." serena rolled her eyes yet again. "can you stop saying sex?" she asked, her eyebrows raised up at the girl. "there's kids around." she nodded her head towards rosie, who was wiping down a table a few metres away from them. she looked up and smiled towards them at the mention of her name, innocently pretending that she wasn't eavesdropping her older friends' conversation.

liz let out a snort, turning back to face serena. she lowered her voice, leaning in towards the table. "so listen, i was thinking," she said, serena eyeing her with a raised eyebrow. "we need to set rosie up with someone," the second the words had left liz's mouth, serena lay back in her chair and let out a sigh of disapproval, her head turning to the side lazily. "no, you aren't hearing me out." liz protested, eager to regain the other girls interest.

"i don't need to, liz. you prompt me this idea every day. look, rosie is fine. she can find someone in her own pace." serena said, and liz let out a sigh of defeat. "but it's homecoming soon. who the hell is rosie going to go with, ser? yesterday i asked her, and she told me she was considering going with ned leeds." liz spoke dramatically, her voice turning into a near whisper towards the end. "and what?" serena asked, clearly fed up with liz's conversation. "nobody cares but you."

"nobody cares about what?" rosie spoke up, dragging a stool over to their table. "i'm on lunch break." she explained, as both girls were looking at her quizzically. "liz keeps nagging on about homecoming." serena said. rosie nodded, all too familiar with that sentence. "i'm not nagging, i'm just shocked how unprepared we all are." she said defensively, crossing over her arms. "speak for yourself, im the only one out of you who actually has a date." serena protested, lifting her mug of coffee back up to her lips.