oo7. the princess and the frog.

✧*:・

✧*:・

THE second rosie had emerged from the monument, she felt a pair of arms engulf themselves around her and pull her into a tight hug. rosie didn't say anything. she needed a hug right now more than ever, and she wasn't about to question it. she heard her best friend sob slightly.

"i thought you were going to die." serena confessed into her best friends arms, the sound of ambulances ringing in both their ears. "yeah me too." rosie admitted, her voice breaking from screaming so much in the elevator. serena hugged her tighter, flinching slightly. the two girls didn't break apart until they both felt a hand on their back.

rosie looked up at and smiled weakly at serena's dad. the darker girl laced her hand into rosie's, holding it tightly. "can you stay at mine tonight?" she asked now that her father was standing there and waiting to collect them. serena looked at rosie with pleading eyes. the blonde nodded quickly, wanting anything but to go back home to her mom. or lack of.

"how are you feeling?" serena's dad asked rosie, giving her a once over. she looked a mess, there was no denying it. "i'm okay." rosie told him, and serena frowned at her slightly. her dad put a hand on rosie's back, pushing her forward gently. "come on, let's get you two home."

rosie looked ahead of herself, her eyes locking on the sight infront of her. it was peter and may. the brunette was hugging him tightly, muttering something into his ear. peter hugged her back reluctantly, a bag strapped around both his shoulders.

the two locked eyes. peters expression fell, and a pang of guilt hit him in the chest. he was looking at rosie as if she had already been dead. the two stood plenty of metres away from eachother, but there was no denying that they were staring. may looked up too now, and she smiled at rosie weakly. rosie quickly smiled back, before shuffling away and into serena's car.

but peter kept watching. he looked as the small blonde got into the darker mans car, serena following closely behind her. of course her mom didn't show, not even when news of her daughter nearly dying spread. peter scoffed sadly. "you okay?" aunt may had asked him, and peters eyes flickered away from the car.

"yeah, fine."

✧*:・

when school had rolled around on monday, peter didn't feel the slightest bit better. infact, he was feeling worse. he was sitting next to ned in the cafeteria, lazily playing around with the cap of his water bottle, his eyes staring blankly ahead of him, neds words going in through one ear and coming out the other.

"you look like shit, dude." ned spoke, and peter gave him a half groan. "i haven't been sleeping much." he told the boy curtly. "is this about what happened in washington? do you have like, ptsd or something?" ned asked him, grimacing slightly. peter shook his head quickly. "no ptsd. i've done worse."