Chapter 7: Search and Rescue

Kirito's p.o.v.

I was on the front lines, carving up demons and trying to keep my mind off of Asuna. She has, more or less, taken up my thoughts these days. These demons were not do their job of being a distraction very well. No matter how many came or how many I killed, my mind stayed on her. Why could I not take my mind off of her?

"Kirito!" I heard someone shout angrily. I turn to see Heathcliff and five of his men coming my direction. Asuna must have told her father about the horns she found on me. Dammit. The last thing I want two do is get into a fight with him. I gripped my sword even tighter.

"Where is she!?" Heathcliff said. This caught me off guard. "Where is who?" I asked confused. "Do not play with me! Where is my daughter!?" Where was Asuna? Why was he asking me that? "I do not know, I have not seen her for two days. Why?" "She is missing!" He growled. "You were the closest to her when she vanished." I narrowed by eyes at his statement. "Where and what time?"

They took me too her last know location. "Here. Our magic tells us she was taken yesterday afternoon." I looked at the clearing. "I was sleeping in this clearing doing that time, which means she came looking for me." Why? Maybe to ask about the horns hidden on my head.

I look at the ground and found some tracks. Oh, this isn't good. "Judging from these tracks, a demon took her." "What?!?"  Heathcliff shouted. "A demon took my daughter?!" "Yes, and Heathcliff, what I am about to ask is very critical. So I need the truth." I said. He nodded in understanding. "Is Asuna pure?" I asked. "Wh-What? Why does that matter?" He growled again.

"Because if she is, the demons don't have anything good planned for her." I said. Heathcliff went pale at my reply. "So I ask again, is she or is she not?" He swallowed, "Last time I checked, yes, she was." The rest of the men went pale as well. "Then we need to hurry. We might not have a lot of time. Looking at these tracks, I might be able to follow the demon." I said. "But we need to move fast."

Heathcliff's p.o.v.

I was furious that my daughter was taken by demons, but also afraid of what they were going to do with her. I had every available knight not on the front lines helping out in the search, but we were getting nowhere.

Then, three days later, I got a message from Kirito saying that he found where they were located. I summoned all the knights that had helped with the search and traveled to the coordinates that Kirito gave me. They were hidden in a dungeon on the 40th floor.

We journeyed through the dungeon, killing all the demons that got in our way. I notice that Kirito was attacking just as, if not more, vicious as me. We then arrived to what looked like an observation room. One side of the walls was glass, overlooking an area one hundred feet below. An altar stood there, and on the altar was..."Asuna" I said my daughters name. I then notice a large, maybe two and a half meter demon walking towards her. She started struggling against the chains but couldn't do anything.

I looked around for a way down when I heard a demonic hiss to my right. I turned, expecting a demon, only to see Kirito. About to put my sword down, I then notice dark red, almost black, flame licking from his hand down his sword. "Hellflame?" I said quietly, confused as to why he could use it. Kirito then swung at the glass from 2 meters away and it shattered. "What?" Several of my men cried out as, upon shattering it, he leaped out and dropped the one hundred feet.

Asuna's p.o.v.

I was trying to break my bonds when I saw the large demon began to walk towards me. My closes were in tatters, just barely covering me. He came up to me and ran his finger up the side of my body. I tried to move away, but I was chained and couldn't move. He laughed at my struggle. "You smell so good. I will enjoy my time with you." He smiled.