Chapter 8: Comfort and an Old Friend

Kirito's p.o.v.

"Is the Demon King." I said, looking down. i got up and turned to leave, but felt something grab me. I turned to see Asuna holding me. "Your father does not define you, Kirito. And please, don't leave. I want you to stay the night and watch over me. I don't want to have any nightmares." She said with some fear in her voice.

I look at Heathcliff for confirmation. After recovering from his shock, he proceeded to think about Asuna's request. "I am okay with this. My daughter needs some comfort and, even thought your father is the Demon King, you are not a monster. Watch over her for now." He said. I nodded in understanding. He smiled and left the room.

I looked at Asuna, "Go to sleep now. I will still be here." "Promise?" She asked. "Promise." I smiled. She smiled back and closed her eyes. I check to see if she fell asleep and she had indeed. I layed down next to her and she snuggled up against me. I blushed and wrapped an arm around her, causing her to make a cute noise in her sleep.

I realized then, that my inner demon has gone quite. It was always growling when she was around. I was confused about this. Why was he quite now and not the rest of the time? That was when I came to a realization. I had been thinking that he had been growling at her because she was human, so he saw an enemy. But I was wrong. My inner demon did not see an enemy in her but a possible mate. And that scared me even more.

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up snuggled up against then man who had taken up so much of my thoughts lately. One of his arms were wrapped around me. I blushed at how we looked so much like a couple. I looked up at his face and he looked so at peace. It was like nothing in the world mattered to him anymore.

He slowly open upped his eyes and turned to look at me. "Hay, good morning. How did you sleep?" "Good, no nightmares for me." I smiled. He smiled back and got up. He stretched his arms over his head and yawned.

"Well, I have to get going." He said. I nodded in understanding but wanted him to stay with me. All of the sudden, we heard shouts and the sound of running feet. We looked at each other, confused, and ran out to see what was going on.

??? p.o.v.

I appeared in the courtyard of the Knights of the Blood Oath, and looked around to find that the guards were running around to circle me. I amired the fact that they were so quick and effective. It is no wonder why they were the called the best of the guilds, which was why I'm here.

I reached up to pull my hood off to show that I was not human. There weapons lit up when they saw my features. I was a demon in my more human form, which looked mostly human with some demonic features. I reconized the holy enchantment on their weapons. If this went bad, it would be painful. I raised my hands slowly, to show that I ment no harm.

"I would like to speak to the man in charge. I have information that he might want about his enemies." I said, causing several heads to tilt in comfusion. "And how do we not know that you are a spy or assassin?" One of the guards questioned. "Because if I was, you wouldn't had seen me."

Before the guard could saw anything else, a voice rang across the courtyard. "Stand down, this guy is okay." Said a voice, that almost sounded familiar. "Black Swordsman, are you sure? He is a demon." The Black Swordsman? The most powerful Solo Knight? What was he doing at the headquarters of the Knights? I turned to look.

The Black Swordsman was walking besides a young women in the high ranking Knight's attire. That must be the Vice Commander, I thought. The Black Swordsman looked at me and smiled.

"Been along time, hasn't it?" He said. "Do I know you?" I asked back. "Well, we once did, but the last time we saw each other was about thirty years ago." No way, this couldn't be. How was it possible? "Kirito?" I asked. "Yo, been along time, right Eugeo?"

Asuna's p.o.v.

"Stand down, this guy is okay." Kirito's voice rang out. "Black Swordsman, are you sure? He is a demon." The demon turned. " Yes, it is fine." Kirito answered the guard as he turned to the demon.

"Been along time, hasn't it?" He asked the demon. What was he talking about? Even the demon looked confused. "Do I know you?" He asked. "Well, we once did, but the last time we saw each other was about thirty years ago." The demon's eyes went wide with shock. "Kirito?" He asked. "Yo, been along time, right Eugeo?"

I was shocked and so were the guards but the demon, Eugeo, looked about ready to lose his jaw, with how it was hanging. "What, when, how?" He stammered. I regain my stance I had lost after learning of this and looked at Eugeo, "Follow me, Eugeo. We'll take you to the Commander." I said as me and Kirito turned around. A shocked Eugeo followed.

We lead Eugeo to father's office. "So this is an old friend of yours. Are you going to introduce us?" I said with a smile. Eugeo also smiled. "Who's this. Kirito? Your girlfriend?" Kirito looked at him shocked and I tried not blush. "Wh-What? We're friends and partners but that..." He trailed off. "Anyway, this is Asuna, Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath and daughter of Commander Heathcliff. And Asuna, this is Eugeo, and childhood friend of mine, who is more of a brother then friend." Kirito said with a smile.

"Hey, Kirito. Does she know that..." Eugeo began but I interrupted with" that he is a half breed and his father is the Demon King? Yes, both me and father know." Eugeo looked at me in shock, then turned his head to Kirito. "Yep, she is definitely your girlfriend."

We both blushed at that. "And he we are. Heathcliff's office." Kirito said. "You can go see father now." "If you still want to talk, meet us at my home on the 22nd floor." Kirito said and Eugeo nodded before heading in.

Kirito's p.o.v.

I looked at Asuna. "Want to walk there, or take the quicker way?" I ask her. "Lets take the quicker way" she said. I nodded, then wrapped my arm around her, causing her to blush, and we vanished.

We appeared at my house on the 22nd floor. It was a little log cabin that I took Asuna to after the Greater Demon attacked her. This was also where she saw the horns on my head for the first time, too.

I let go of her and walked over to the kitchen. "Want anything to eat?" I ask her. "Sure" she said and I put together a sandwich for the two of us. "Here" I said, giving her one of the sandwiches.

She looks at me. "Back to Eugeo's question, do you think of me like that?" She asked. I took a second to process the question. "I..."  I trailed off. "I see the look in your eye" she said. "It's like your fighting something. What is it?"

"My inner demon. We don't get along from time to time. But now..." I trailed off again. "When we first met, my demon growled when ever you were around. I though he did that because you were human, making you the enemy. But last night changed that idea. When I was lying next to you in bed, my inner demon was quite. He was not growling but purring. I realized that it did not see you as an enemy but as a...." I trailed off, unsure on how to say this. "A what?" Asuna asked. "A....A m..ma..mate." I finally said. Her eyes went wide. "I know that you would never accept someone li...." I never got to finish to sentence because I felt a pair of soft lips cover mine.