Chapter 9: Mates of the Past

Asuna's p.o.v.

Kirito was talking about how his inner demon sees me as a mate and I didn't know what to think at that. As he continued on about how I would not accept someone like him, I made my decision. Before he could even finish the sentence, I lept forward and kissed him. He let out a growl as our lips slide against each other.

Next thing I knew, we were both on the ground, with him on top of me. He was pinning me to the ground. His lips left mine and began to kiss their way down my neck. I was gasping, I could feel how wet I was becoming between my legs.

If this kept up, we were going to do the deed. In my current state, I didn't care, and I probably wouldn't care even if I was thinking straight. His hand began to trail up my leg, causing me to shake with need.

Next thing we knew, there was a nock on the door. "Yo, Kirito. I'm here, open up." Kirito mumbled something about how horrible Eugeo's timing was and got up off of me. I smiled and looked at how are closes and hair looked. He whispered something and swung his hand around and our attires straightened out.

He walked over to the door amd open it. "Hey, Eugeo. How did it go?" He asked with Eugeo walking in. "Good, I gave him information on the demon's formation and tactics." He said then saw me. "Oh? Am I interrupting something?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "Only breakfast." Kirito replied smoothly, acting as if nothing had happened.

"I make you a sandwich, make yourself at home." Kirito said as he walked into the kitchen. Eugeo sat down on the couch opposite of me. "How are you..." He trailed off. "Asuna, was it?" He asked. "Yes, and I am doing good." I said

His nostril flaired, and his eyebrow went up again. "Am I really interrupting something? Because your in heat." He said. I blushed bright red. "How can you tell?" I almost shouted. "Demons have very sensitive noses. I'm surprise that he hasn't already taken you." I blushed even brighter. "He almost did, when I kissed him. It was just before you walked in." I replied.

"What are you two talking about?" Kirito asked as he walked back in. "He figured out what we almost did before he came in" I said, cheeks scarlet. Kirito sighed as he sat down next to me. Eugeo looked back and forth between us. "There is more to you two then just sexually tension, correct?"

Kirito sighed again. "Yes. My inner demon is says mate around her." "Holy Shit!" Cried Eugeo. You found yourself a mate?! You know how hard it is for that to happen?" "Yes, it know how hard. And this isn't the first time." came Kiriro's reply.

Both me and Eugeo looked at him confused. "What do you mean by that?" Eugeo asked. "Asuna is the third person I have met who qualifies to be my mate." Kirito said. "What?!?!" Both me and Eugeo shouted. "Who else?" I asked. Kirito sighed.

Kirito's p.o.v.

Ten years ago, before I took the title of Black Swordsman, I had just finished my sword train with Klein. I journeyed throughout Aincrad, exploring everything, unafraid of the demons because of what I was.

Eight years ago, I met a young blacksmith by the name of Lisbeth. She forged some of the best blades you could every get your hands on, a master blacksmith. I carry a second sword as a back up for when my current one breaks that she made.

We worked together to get the materials needs for the blade and we feel in love doing so. I even told her that I was a hybrid, but not who my father was. She accepted me for what I was with out question. We were happy together.

But a year later, something changed in her. Even to this day, I do not know how it happened, but she became possesive. So possessive, that she would strike out at any girl who tried to talk to me, even if they didn't show any interest in me. So I left after that.

It was lunch by then, and I paused my story so we could eat. Afterwards, I continued.

Then, a year later, so six years age, I met another girl. Her name was Sachi, and she was part of a guild that I had joined. They were called the Moonlit Black Cats and they were like a family to me.

After a year adventuring together, I told them what I was. They replied that it was not who your parents are that define you, but your actions and choice that do. Not long after, I fell for the Sachi. We were happy, all of us, as a family.

But a year after that, Lisbeth found me. She had been watching us from a distances. We never even knew she was there until it was too late. She killed all of them. All but Sachi because she wanted to take her time on the one who stole the heart of the man she 'loved'. I stopped her just in time and vanished with Sachi to a safe location. But too late, I found out the Sachi had been poisoned and she died the next day. In grief, I wented back and collected their bodies and took then to the house we had stayed at. I buried them below it and then burned the house down using Hellflame.

I left, vanished, until I reappeared a about a year ago, now carrying the title of the Black Swordsman. That is the person you see now.

I got up to start dinner, as it was late in the night by the time I was done.

Asuna's p.o.v.

Tears were flowing down my face. The look of pain on Kirito's face as he got up was gut wrenching. He had lost two people that he had given his heart to. I got up and wrapped my arms around him, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what happen to you. I'm sorry." Kirito wrapped his arms around me as Eugeo came over and place a hand on Kirito's shoulder.

"I can not began to imagine the pain that you have gone through, and I am sorry, old friend." He said. "Thank you, both of you." Kirito said. "I am just scared that what happened to Sachi might happen to Asuna."

"Hay." I said. "I can take care of myself, okay. I will not die, especially to that bitch." He smiled at that. Eugeo looked at Kirito, then to me. "Asuna, you will not have a say in this." I looked at him confused. "I am going to have a old friend shadow you from now on. Her name is Alice and she is a good fighter." I was about to say no when he stated "I already said, you will not have a say in this." I nodded "Okay."

"Now, I am going to head out for a bit. You two have a good time together." He said with a wink as he walked off. We both blushed at that.

"So, shall we continue where we left off?" Kirito asked. I blushed scarlet at that. "Maybe in the bedroom." I said as I stood up. "Come on" I said with a smile. "Lets have some fun."