(CECELIA)

CECELIA
electricityinwater

TITLE: 6/10! I see how the title 'Cecelia' connects to the story, but this is only because I read all that's been posted

TITLE: 6/10! I see how the title 'Cecelia' connects to the story, but this is only because I read all that's been posted. The relevance of the title was questionable until about 5 or 6 chapters in, when it was finally mentioned that Cecelia is Ashley's dead best friend that Pennywise is using to frighten her.
COVER: 8/10! It's really cute and neat but it bugs me a little that your covers don't match.
FACECLAIM(S): 6/10! I've seen Loren being used quite a few times, but I mean at least it isn't someone super overused like Rowan Blanchard. Also, love the only boy to play Eddie Kaspbrak in IT 2017, Noah Jupe. However, it would have been nice to see a bit of diversity instead of the same white kids every time.
SUMMARY: 4/10! The summary of the book did not mention Cecelia at all, it was just about Ashley. Cecelia was only mentioned briefly in the description of the book.
PLOT: 3/10! Not a very big fan of this plot, I've seen the 'dead best friend' trope done before! Also, Ashley's character is definitely a Mary Sue. The perfect popular girl with blonde hair and blue eyes gets really old, really quickly. With the already primarily white IT 2017 cast, it wouldn't hurt to add a little diversity. Not to mention, everyone is absolutely in love with this absolutely perfect girl. Ashley's main love interests are Richie and Stan, the amount of fics for those two characters is getting really tedious! Why doesn't someone make Ben or Mike the love interest for a change? Speaking of Ben, his last name is Hanscom not Hanscomb! During the first chapter, Ashley saves the Losers from Henry. I think this is the part that bugs me the most. Henry is a literal psychopath, he will no hesitate cutting anyone with that knife of his. It doesn't make sense that he would simply let's the Losers leave because Ashley told him they were busy.
TOTAL: 27/50!