Chapter 1 ♚ Broken family

𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅: 12/24/20|𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕: 7573|⧖ 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆: 32 mins|𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔: none

♪ 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌: ☑☐ ⥦ 𝒁𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒐
𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 - 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒆 >> 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚

For the last 100 years humanity has been forced to hide behind the walls that separate life and death. The walls that keep the Titans out and the people in. The walls that inflict fear in humanity. Was it the dreadfulness of the walls collapsing? Or rather the fear of the treacherous monsters that feed off the flesh of our brothers and sisters. The question was how did I fit into all this? In the end my curiosity and carelessness got the better of me, doing more harm than good. My yearning to know of the unknown cost me so much pain and suffering. I was a weapon now. And I'm still searching for the answer to my question. Was I deemed a curse, or a blessing? Was it worth it? Because if you look at the scars I've left, I am no hero.

This is where it all began, my story.

𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑮𝑮𝑬𝑹 𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮: 𝐀𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞/𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐀𝐆𝐄: 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

The green grass swayed along with the cool breeze. The sun was setting and clouds began to cover the blue that was hovering above. Voices of people from all ages, reverberated throughout the Shiganshina district. To the slurs from the drunk military police, to the cries of laughter from the neighborhood children, it seemed like all were satisfied with their current lifestyle and routines, always on repeat. That way of living and mind set drilled in their brains became the norm except for the few that had their hearts set on the unknown beyond the walls. You can't bound curiosity forever, especially for the certain few which consisted of Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and myself.

The trio invited me a few hours ago to join them on a silly children's game to cope with our boredom. It led the four of us to wander near one of the main rivers where we would usually play, our hang out spot you could say.

It wasn't anything special.

"Ugh," Eren said, letting fatigue win as he lied down on the ground. "I'm beat."

Between my fingers I held a flat rock, my fingers massaging its cold smooth surface as it was the perfect subject for stone skipping. (E/C) eyes on the murky silt wallowing in the water, I watched how soft waves drifted down stream ever so slowly, and observed the mirror reflecting a blurry picture of houses on the other side. Swinging my arm and letting the stone escape from my grasp, it bounced once on the surface of the water, the image gradually becoming warped by ripples. While it seemed like the rock was able to transcend the laws of reality for a brief moment, it ruined the reflection before miserably sinking to the bottom, never to be seen again.

The stone... it didn't go far either.

Peering at where the object made its last appearance, I paused and saw the upside down buildings and scenery take form again like nothing could break this spell this whole town was under. Nothing.

"Same," I sighed sitting down next to him.

Mikasa and Armin soon joined us on the steps. All of us stayed silent for a couple minutes. Just thinking about life and taking a moment to enjoy the peaceful setting. I gazed upon the birds which were flying in the endless sky. They had one thing I envied, and that was to be free. Birds could fly anywhere they wanted; But us, we have to stay confined in a small area. We had stay inside the walls where whatever was out there couldn't get in. I didn't know much about the outside, the Shiganshina District was all I've ever known. What was out there just waiting to be explored?