Pretty U

° I want to pick and gather all the pretty words for you
They stick in my throat in front of you.
I promise myself while drinking a glass of water in the morning, to tell you
I will confess what has been on the tip of my tongue tomorrow
You are pretty, °

2 months after the incident in Mingyu's room and the two were closer than ever. They were pretty much aware of the growing feelings they had for each other but are too shy to admit. On times when Mingyu is stressed and busy with his studies, Wonwoo would always take him out for a cup of coffee or join him as he sleeps. When Wonwoo is not working, Mingyu would use Wonwoo's body to study, pointing out which part are which and pretending like Wonwoo's body is the real thing. On random days, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jun and Minghao would hangout at the arcade and bet on who will win at certain games. It's quite amusing and weird for the two to be extremely close in a short amount of time.

The courage hit Wonwoo at the 27th of September. Mingyu and Wonwoo are now inseparable and Wonwoo wanted to kick it up a notch. Wonwoo thought it's finally time to confess to the younger. Wonwoo got home from his work and hurriedly opened his laptop to search for beautiful places to confess to the person you love. Wonwoo want it big but not too explosive, beautiful but not scandalous. He looked for the perfect restaurants, beautiful parks nearby, even went far and search for a beautiful place in Anyang, Mingyu's hometown. Wonwoo is not sure if he should go far or stay near the vicinity of Seoul. The search result gave the same answers. Almost everything it says is cliché or overdone. Wonwoo wanted it different. He was on the internet for less than an hour and Wonwoo already felt drained. If he wasn't able to find the perfect place to do it then he might have to move the confession to next time.

Wonwoo felt his phone vibrate from his pockets. He took it out and saw that it was a message from his father asking if he brought the hiking bag along with him when he moved to Seoul. That's when it hits him. He replied to his dad before going back to the internet to search for mountains that are good for hiking and is the easiest to hike. When Wonwoo was young, his father would always bring him when hiking mountains. His father said he wanted Wonwoo to appreciate the beauty of nature, not just what we see when we're at the bottom but what we see when we're at the top, which is everything. You can see the sun setting, the beautiful trees surrounding the area, birds flying across them, just nature in general. Wonwoo's father only took Wonwoo to hiking. They would often invite his mom but his mom wasn't really into doing physical things. Since then, hiking was the way of bonding for Wonwoo's father and him.

"Do you sometimes wonder why I only took you to hiking?" His father asked once they were at the summit of the mountain, admiring the view. "Because you have no friends?" A 15 years old Wonwoo joked. His father let out a laugh and ruffled Wonwoo's hair. "It's because you only take the most important person with you. When I said that you should appreciate what we see at the top of the mountain, I wasn't just talking about nature, I was also talking about the people you'll be with. Take someone who deserve your appreciation and love. Take the person you're willing to give everything to because if you love someone so much, they will be a part of your nature. They will also be a part of you." His father explained thoroughly. With that memory in mind, he knew he needed to take Mingyu to top of the mountain.