Thanks [AUTHOR'S NOTE]

° These typical words
I'm only saying them now
But I hope these typical words will reach you °

This isn't a chapter but I just really wanted to express my gratitude to you guys. (It's just a mere co-incidence that their comeback after clap was entitled Thanks which fits my author note perfectly lmao)

First of all, I really wanted to say thank you to those who read this fic of mine, whether you read the original unedited one back in 2018 or your reading the revised version now in 2020 (there's really only minor changes). This is a story I wrote when i'm at the peak of my writing addiction and was able to write a few chapters in before I lost my passion in writing. Not until recently where I got to rekindle the joy of writing and had the guts to finish this. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO REACHED THIS FAR, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LENDING YOUR TIME IN READING THIS.

Now, for some questions about the fic,

What's your inspiration? How did you came up with the plot?
I originally wanted to write a fanfic about Seventeen's title track as I saw a youtube comment that their comeback since debut are connected to each other. I somehow saw a connection between each songs so I decided to write a fic about it lmao. If you noticed, the chapter title is a title track of svt and every chapter starts with a lyric from that song. I guess O just added a few aspects to it to make it more specific and focus on one plot only. It was my intention to stop with clap as I figured that the story with their title track stops there.

Why is the book title 'goodluck'?
For those who read this back in 2018, they knew that it was originally titled S E V E N T E E N because it was inspired by svt's song. I late realized how uncreative and the title is hard to search so after 2 years of hiatus, I decided to change it to goodluck, which is very uncreative either but oh well.

Good luck because their relationship kind of started and ended with Mingyu's passion for studying and good luck is something that you often here from the others when they found out your studying for something.

Why not continue with SVT's new title tracks?
I never really wanted to make this fic to have many chapters knowing that each chapter is 3k+ words long. Also, if you were to look, Thanks, Home, Oh My!, Hit, Fear, and even their Japanese release has different stories and are specifically had unique stories of their own. I don't think the new songs will fit the ongoing plot and so I figured it would be better to just end it with clap.

Will there be a sequel? You kind of left it at a cliff hanger.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we'll never know lmao. But as of now, I don't think i'll be writing one, knowing that I suck at writing sequels and that I had plans for a different fic to which you guys can look forward too.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments and i'll answer it. Again, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! You'll forever be in my heart 💕