Epilogue: Clap

° You know those times,
When you feel so small
When you do as you're told,
And you're being cautious °

Few months have passed by and everything is back to normal. Well, a normal without Mingyu but Wonwoo can live with that. He's sure of it now.

Wonwoo grew tired of dwelling over his tragic love. He realized that soon after, he'll have to move on and continue living. Mingyu and Wonwoo are not on speaking terms. Minghao would share news about Mingyu sometimes but try his best to forbid himself to doing so knowing that it will just bring back the memories for Wonwoo.

Wonwoo is okay now. No more breakdowns, no more what ifs and what could've beens. It's now just Wonwoo, a worker at 17Carat Bookstore who lives an ordinary life. In the course of moving on, he found a new hobby which is video editing. That's where Minghao decided to create a Youtube channel. Minghao would vlog and do dance contents while Wonwoo will edit it. It was a fun leisure time for Wonwoo knowing that he'll be more than willing to help out a friend.

Mingyu kept up with Minghao's daily upload. Sometimes, Wonwoo would pop out randomly and Mingyu will feel a smile coming to his face. It was as if Wonwoo was a switch. That's where he knew that Wonwoo is still working at 17Carat Bookstore. That's where he figured that Wonwoo is doing splendid without his presence.

At the 17th of May, Wonwoo was gradually taking a nap in between his shift because he stayed up trying to finish a new vlog. It was a Tuesday morning so the store is not filled with customers. There were just the early birds who dropped by the store to scan the new books. The speakers are playing a soft song, a vibe that the store has already accustomed to. Wonwoo couldn't help himself but  to take a quick nap. He told Minghao to wake him up if ever there was a customer.

Wonwoo didn't notice the chime ringing and the footsteps heading towards him. He didn't notice the tall lean man shadowing over him as he took his nap. He didn't notice Mingyu was there until he heard a book being slammed on the counter.

"Minghao what the fu—" Wonwoo stopped in his tracks when he saw Mingyu with a hard bound book in his hand. To say Wonwoo was shocked is an understatement. For a year, he wasn't able to see the person he once loved. For a year, he didn't get to feel his presence at all. Why now?

"Was that you?" Wonwoo asked as he recovered from his state of shock. Mingyu just let out an embarrassed smile.

"I couldn't help it." Mingyu said lowering his head as to try to hide his embarrassment. Wonwoo let out a small chuckle.

He never changed, Wonwoo thought.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Wonwoo asked politely. Mingyu hesitated for a bit but he walked towards Wonwoo.

"Can we talk for a bit? Have some coffee or something?" Mingyu asked cowardly but Wonwoo was still able to make the words out.

"Ugh, it's my shift at the moment so I kinda can't go yet."

"Minghao will fill in for you." Mingyu said as he faced Minghao who's busy arranging the books while eavesdropping their conversation.

"I will?" Minghao asked. Mingyu just gave him a look.

"I will!" Minghao said with a sudden realization of what's going on. "Go ahead Wonwoo, i'll handle things from here."

"Okay then, I guess." Confusion is written all over Wonwoo's face but he didn't bother asking. He has a lot up his sleeves, it's Kim Mingyu he's talking about after all.

They went to the coffee shop where they first went out. Where Wonwoo bought coffee for the younger. Wonwoo heaved out a sigh as he felt the memories coming back.