Chapter two🦋

Their efforts towards you is a reflection of how much they care - Arch Hades

"Be good pumpkin."

"Mom! Have a little faith in me." I whined after she gave me a sad look.

She sighed "I'm trying trust me."

"Try harder." I pecked her and she left after she made me promise to be good. I smiled, it's not like I intentionally try to be a pain in the ass, it's just who I am.

"I guess I'll be good today." I shrugged remembering the look she gave me. No one should have to put up with that look, it instantly hunts down every iota of bad in you and makes you helpless. No matter how many times my mom has given me that look, I don't seem to be acquainted with it.
I searched my bag to ensure a few packs of Oreos were still inside when in a blur I felt someone's hand try to touch me but I quickly grabbed it and slammed it to the wall.
"Ouch!"

"Ivy? Are you trying to get hurt ?"

She held out her hand which was sporting a bruise, " Are you some kind of secret spy or something?"

"Not really, let me see that." I inspected her hand and saw that it was a little bruise.

"Ouch!" She winced as I touched it.

"Sorry, next time don't try to sneak up on me."

"Yeah, although I'm more curious about how you have such quick reflexes." She narrowed her eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes "c'mon let's get that cleaned up."

"Nah, it's my war scar." She puffed out her chest trying to seem tough. I looked at her, wondering how a girl in a yellow and black hoodie which had a picture of Naruto eating ramen and a skinny jean was supposed to look tough. To sum it all, her brown hair was curled making her look like a cute toddler. I chuckled as she tied a black bandanna around her bruise.
I gave her hoodie one last glance, "You're an anime fan?"

"Yeah!"

"I knew there was a reason I liked you." I looped my hand with hers "c'mon let's get to class."

"Sure! kick ass."

We walked past the entrance and I took my time to look around ( because that was better than looking at people I didn't know). I looked around and for the first time noticed the school mascot in the courtyard, it was a baby elephant with its trunk raised and out of it came water to make a waterfall. Surrounding the vast expanse of concrete were flowers,purples asters to be precise. Now I may not know much but my neighbor prides herself in the fact that she has rare and exotic flowers and her favorites were asters. She said they hold a very special meaning.

The courtyard looked like something out of an exotic island, there were tall palm trees adding to the island look and a few benches. I won't lie it was beautiful, especially the way water from the elephants trunk resembled water from sprinklers. It made me want to stand under it.

"Whatever you're thinking don't."

"What?"

She chuckled, "trust me, I know it's pretty and all but don't even think of going close to it."

"Why?"

"Let's say Mrs Bert doesn't want her royal flowers tarnished." She air quoted.