Chapter 3 - Settling in

After driving for a few hours the guys all decided to stop at a little diner to eat. We all filed out of the trailer and into the diner. The diner was so small the 8 of us basically took up half the place. After ordering Ricky, Ryan and I stepped outside for a cigarette.

Ricky : So I see you brought a guitar so I'm guessing you play. How long have you been playing?

Me : Since I was 13. My dad taught me guitar and piano. I also sing a little bit. In all honestly, you guys inspired me to keep going.

Ryan and Ricky smiled.

Ryan : It's good to know we inspire people.

Ricky nodded in agreement.

Ricky : How about we all jam later tonight? I actually covered a song with my acoustic, all the guys heard me do it but I'll show you.

Me : Sounds great. Maybe we can all work on a cover together or something.

Ricky & Ryan together : fuck yeah!

We all laughed and finished our cigarettes and walked back into the diner. Just as we sat down the waitress was bringing out our food. We all got wings and pretty much battled each other for the last wing. It almost felt like they were my family.

After finishing up eating we decided to hang in the parking lot for a little while since the diner was closing for the night and didn't mind if we hung around. All the guys were in the trailer except for Chris and I.

Me : Is it weird that when I met you I felt like it wasn't the first time we met?

Chris : Not at all because I actually felt the same way. It's kind of weird.

We both laughed and I nodded in agreement.

Chris : So Ricky and Ryan said you play acoustic guitar and piano. You should play for us.

Me : Yeah sure, I actually was talking to Ryan and Ricky about maybe doing a cover together. Ricky told me about the cover he did.

Chris : Yeah his cover is great. Let me go get him so he can play it for you, then you can do a song for us if that's cool.

Me : Yeah sure! I'll grab my guitar.

Me and Chris went inside to get the guys and my guitar. We all grabbed fold up chairs and sat in a circle in the parking lot. Me and Ricky with our guitars in our hands.

Ricky : So Lexxi, the guys have heard this cover a thousand times but lets see what you think. This song is called Wait Out The Days.

Ricky picked up his guitar and started strumming, and soon followed with singing.

( Rickys actual cover of the song Wait Out The Days. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcnMZnUfDes )

After Ricky finished the song I was amazed. 'Ricky that was truly amazing. Now I see why the guys like to hear it so much' I said.

He smiled and thanked me.

Devin : So how about a song from you? Even if its a cover, lets hear it.

All the guys agreed and started chanting my name.

' ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! I'll sing for you guys' I said laughing.

I decided on I Wouldn't Mind by He Is We. ( pretend this is Lexxi's voice for the story! :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qea3lLr5qQ )

After finishing the song all the guys clapped and actually gave me a standing ovation. I laughed and stood up and took a bow while laughing.

Balz : Your vocals are actually really good!

Me : Thank you! I've been practicing more in the past couple years.

Chris : Well its definitely paid off.

I blushed slightly but thankfully it was dark so the guys didn't notice. Josh poked his head out of the trailer and told us we should get going so we all grabbed our chairs and headed in the trailer. I grabbed my suitcase and took it to the back where the bunks were and told the guys I was going to change. Brandon ran to the back really quick to grab his phone then I pulled the curtain closed.

( Lexxi's outfit. : http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96310620 )

After changing I walked back out and sat on the couch between Brandon and Devin. All the guys were on the phone with their girlfriends except for Chris and Balz, since they were thw single ones of the group.

Me : So where is the first show?

Chris : Michigan. We play tomorrow night. Are you ready to deal with fans? They get a little crazy even at the merch table.

Me : Yeah, I think I can handle it. You'll have to show me whats what so I'm not too lost.

Chris. Yeah I know, I'll show you the boxes and give you the price sheet but other than that I think you'll be fine. Josh will be stopping at the table throughout the show to make sure you're okay.

Me : Alright cool.

I pulled my phone from my bra when the guys weren't looking so they wouldn't think I'm a snob or anything. I scrolled threw tumblr and instagram for a little while until all the guys were off the phone. We all talked about funny tour stories that they had until it was around 2am, then we all decided to crawl in our bunks. Right before I climbed up to mine Chris asked me to put my number in his phone so I did, then I crawled into my bunk. After about 5 minutes I got a text, from Chris.

Chris : I think I know where I know you from. I'll explain later.

Me : Really? Okay...

After sending the text I waited for a reply hoping he would tell me now, but soon there were just a different array of snores that filled the trailer. I rolled over, put a headphone in and listened to New Years Day until I drifted off to sleep.