Chapter 2

At the party, Inaya met Lauren's mother and realised she was so similar to her own Mama. She was caring, welcoming and extremely careful with organising the party. She made sure her daughter and her best friends had a good time.

Food was served and while enjoying the lovely meal Lauren's mother had arranged, Rabia and Inaya talked about the idea of going to university. Since they were just in Year 12 and would apply for university later in Year 13, both of the friends still had their decisions made that  they were going to apply.

"I love English Literature, I love the analysis part of it, interpreting someone's text with my own opinion, this makes the subject so exciting for me. I can't wait to attend university and explore this subject in even more detail." Spoke Inaya while enjoying her chicken curry.

Rabia noded and voiced her views about her favourite subject: Theology, which she also aims to take on at university. "I love learning about different religions, the fundamental beliefs and how that specific faith is debated around the world by many scholars, theologians."

Though Inaya and Rabia differed on their favourite subjects, they were very much excited for each other that they were going to study the subjects they absolutely admire at a higher level.

Lauren joined her friends and the three just talked and enjoyed the good few hours together. "It was lovely to attend this party Lauren, thankyou so much." Said Inaya smilingly. Rabia added, "Oh Yes Lauren, thankyou. Give our regards to your mum, she was a really generous host tonight."

Lauren was extremely happy that her friends were happy with everything. Rabiya and Inaya signed off with Lauren before Rabia's father and Rabia dropped off Inaya at her house.

.................................

Assalam-O-Alaikum Ami and Baba!! Cheerfully exclaimed Inaya as she entered the house.

Wassalam bache, how was your time? Inquired Sania happy to see her daughter back on the time she had promised.

"It was great. Lauren's mother is so nice, she looked after us really well. We had a good time. Thankyou for allowing me to go Baba and Ami." Inaya said with great gratitude and love for her parents for always being so supportive.

"It's okay, my princess, change is good sometimes." Said Dr. Qadir.

"I will go and get to bed now, I am really tired and got to get up tomorrow morning for revision too. Good Night Ami and Baba."

Inaya off to her room.
"MashAllah, Our daughter is so honest and loving, Sania." Dr Qadir poured out the words full of love for his daughter in real pride and happiness.

"Yes MashAllah, I am so proud of her. She is a mature young lady full of kindness and compassion for everyone. May Allah bless her with a good life full of happiness and peace. Ameen."

"Ameen". Said Dr. Qadir overjoyed while reading his book.

...............................
1 year later....
Inaya was in Year 13, she had last few months left before her exams, she had already applied for university and had received offers from all her choices. Extremely happy at the idea of attending university, Inaya found herself so motivated that she worked hard as much as possible so she could get the grades she wished that would set her up in a good position for going to the university she loved.
Inaya's personal favourite was University of Central London, it offered the course Inaya loved and she was very much on the track to get the grades they conditioned her for by the results.

...............................

Colonel Hashir Hussain and his wife Firdous Hussain moved to England in the early 1970s. Colonel Hussain applied for a job under the command of the British Army and he was recruited after his excellent skills and physical strength. Ahsan, Aliya and Mustafa were all born in England. Mustafa was the oldest of the two, graduated from King's College London as a mathematician and worked as a qualified teacher at a school in East London.

Ahsan on the other hand was in year 13, just a few months away from his exams and had already applied for university to study English Literature. Aliya, the youngest out of the three was doing her GCSE's in Year 10.
If there is one thing that differs Ahsan from his siblings is his anger and immediate frustration at things. If he can't figure out something or he is requiring an answer but doesn't get a satisfying one, he rages. This characteristic of his has been unchanged since his childhood. His father and mother, alongside Mustafa tried to change his way of thinking or attitude in many ways, but it just doesn't seem to work. Nonetheless, Ahsan was a kind-hearted man. He didn't intentionally hurt anyone, he always focused on doing the right thing throughout.

The Hussain family was not very active socially, they liked to keep their distance to everyone else around them. They minded their own business and were a very happy family in their own circle.

"Baba, I need to firm and insure my offers the deadline is coming closer. What do you suggest? I am confused between University of East London, Queen Mary University of London and University of Central London. Enquiried Ahsan.

"Well son, it's your life's 3 years, you are going to attend the university not me. Whatever decision you will make, I will support you because either way I am sure my son will make me proud." Smiling Colonel stated.

Ahsan nodded, "Thankyou Baba, I hope I never disappoint you and always win up to your expectations. So I am thinking, I should put down University of Central London as my firm."

"If that's what your heart says, go ahead." The Colonel assured Ahsan.

..........................

Inaya was flicking through her UCAS form until she realised that her deadline is looming like a set of dark clouds.

She left the laptop and walked down to her parents and asked about their opinions.

Sania in the quickest way possible exclaimed excitedly: "Choose UCL (University of Central London)!!! It's well-reputed, they are offering you the course you enjoy and the best part is: you are most likely to get the grades they are demanding for. So what's the doubt.

Dr Qadir laughing spoke: "Look how your mother got excited about you going to university. God Bless. But back to your question, I also agree with your Ami that UCL seems the better option. But beta, don't feel you are obliged to follow our saying, we are just suggesting. In the end, it is your life, your choice and your 3 years of valuable education, choose where you prefer would make you the happiest.

"I personally also want to choose UCL, I am glad our thoughts matched." Inaya said excitedly.

Inaya got back to her room, and finally made the decision, she firmed UCL as her first choice and insured King's College London for her second choice.

.........................

Thankyou to all of you who are taking the time out to read this. Hope you all enjoy it. Do leave your precious feedback. 😊