Chapter 27

The next morning everyone came together on the dining table for breakfast when the doorbell rang. Umair went over to open the door to see who it was. He saw a man in his early 20s standing at the door with a smile on his face.

------

Ahsan got to his car and found Inaya's purse under the seat.

"She must have forgotten it not realising. Right, let's go and give it to her before she panics."

The next moment Ahsan drove away from his house, driving towards Inaya's place.

-------

"Hi, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I am Matt, I came here to see Inaya. She lives here right?"

"Yes she does. But how do you know her?"

"Why don't you call her and ask, she will answer all your questions". He replied with a smirk on his face.

Umair asked him to come inside and introduced him to Dr Qadir and Sania. Inaya was left in shock seeing him standing at her house. What would she do now? She was looking here and there trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"I am here to meet Inaya. I would assume she told you guys about me."

The whole family looked towards Inaya with a questioning look and she felt nervous like never before.

"He is Matt, we worked at Tehreem phopho's office. He is a good friend of mine."

She said with a nervous and weak voice.

"Is that it? Why don't you tell them everything?"

Dr Qadir was began to feel the discomfort on Inaya's face and was sensing something was wrong. To defend Inaya, he faced Matt and asked him why he was here.

"What made you come from Canada all the way here to the UK?"

"I think Inaya hasn't told you all anything then. Well basically Uncle, we are in a relationship and due to a little misunderstanding Inaya was upset with me and returned home so I had to come and reconcile with her. Hence I am here."

A shock shot Qadir and Sania while Umair was boiling up with anger thinking Inaya hid so much from them.

"He is lying, Baba. It wasn't a little misunderstanding but a serious one--"

"But were you dating him?" Qadir cut Inaya's words and interrupted.

"Yes"

"Inaya how come you not tell any of us about this?" Sania was quick to intervene.

----

Ahsan was going to knock the door but realised that the door was open anyway, he was going to push it to walk in when he heard Inaya's trembling voice.

------

"No, Mama just let me explain; yes I was in a relationship with him but only for a brief period. I wasn't upset with him, I called off the relationship entirely and then I returned home. He is just purposely chasing and stalking me now. Trust me, I was going to tell you guys if it was going to progress anywhere but it ended so soon so I didn't feel the need."