Chapter 18

The unbearable silence was now getting awkward between Ahsan and Inaya. Then Inaya remembered that Ahsan wanted to say something when he handed her the bouqet of flowers.
"What did you want to say Ahsan but we couldn't get round to it, go on what was it?"

Ahsan immediately looked away but couldn't avoid her for long because she asked again: "go on Ahsan what was it?"

He was silent again, unresponsive and unable to speak a word.
This time Inaya asked in frustration: "Ahsan! What was it that you were going to say?"
"AHSAN!" This time she sounded angry because she was irritated by his lack of response and since her moods have not been the best lately, these little things were annoying her.
Ahsan still didn't respond.

"Fine! if you don't want to say anything or answer my question or you don't even want to talk to me, then why are you here For God's Sake!" Her voice trembled as she said this, her eyes were tearing up but wiping them with strength, she exclaimed and asked again: "Why are you here then!"

Ahsan was surprised to see Inaya like this, her anger wasn't getting any less by his presence and silence and he still didn't know what to say so he calmly stood up and left the balcony to then leave from the front door.
As he walked off, Inaya felt embarrassed for acting so horribly to him.

As he approached the front door, Inaya held his hand and stopped him, he turned to her and she spoke: "Why are you behaving like this? I don't want to fall out with you and you know I am just not in my best phase and I want your support Ahsan!"

Ahsan pulled off his hand and walked out of the house. While walking through the corridor, unrelenting tears fell down his eyes and he didn't try to control them. He felt uncomfortable and extremely alone but Inaya's decision to leave, then her restless self to find all answers left him conflicted. She wasn't irritating him, instead she was hurting him but he understood that she didn't mean to.

Ahsan decided to walk back to Inaya's flat and knocked on the door again. As soon as she opened the door, Ahsan walked in and forced Inaya close to him and held her hand. They were close enough to hear each other's breath, Inaya wasn't comfortable with the closeness but she couldn't move because Ahsan held her hand too tight. He didn't utter a word nor did she. Ahsan was looking right in her eyes but Inaya didn't want to have an eye contact. His anger, force and rage was frightening her and she was feeling too weak to protest. It was too much of a shock that Ahsan could react this way. They stood still for a good few minutes and then Inaya finally protested in pain.

"Let go of my hand Ahsan, it hurts!" She screamed and tried to pull away from him.

He held her hand even tighter and pulled her close again without saying anything.
"Ahsan!"

"Dard ho raha hai- it hurts no? I know it does. But it hurts me too whenever you speak of going away. If I decide to stay quiet, it doesn't mean I don't have an answer, its just that I don't want to demotivate or hurt you."

"Why don't you ever understand that Inaya!" He exclaimed loudly.

Inaya felt too frail to say anything. The tears falling down from her eyes were also hurting Ahsan and as much as he wanted to stop himself from saying out his feelings, he couldn't resist now.

"You said you want to go to Canada, I got upset and stayed out of the house alone all day, now you are telling me to let go of your hand so you can leave me. You want to know why I am not saying anything? Because I don't want you to go. I said this earlier didn't I? But you still want to go. What else is left for me to say then?"

Inaya began to get an indication on what he was going to say next and she didn't want him to continue but she failed to stop him.
"You can hate me for this, you can tell me to go far away from your life but the truth is that I love you. Unknowingly, unbelievably and unintentionally, I have fallen in love with you. Yes Inaya. I love you."

Inaya felt numb as she heard this, her tears dried away but her eyes were still gazing at Ahsan's face who was in tears himself. He was sweating and was certainly not in his best emotional state. Both of them couldn't believe what had just happened. Ahsan couldn't believe he had given into his emotions and confessed his love to Inaya. Both of them were gone unresponsive again while they remained that close and amidst all this Ahsan didn't let go of her hand and neither did he move away from her. As much as his action came as a shock to him, he didn't want to move away but instead slowly moved alittle more closer that her nosed touched his.

In discomfort and pain, Inaya forcefully pushed Ahsan away from her. "Get out!" She said in a low voice. "Get out Ahsan! I said leave!".

She walked to her room without saying anything else and Ahsan then left too.

*******

"Assalam O Alaikum bhai, what's up, how was your day?" Aliya enquired.

"Leave me alone Aliya. I want to be in my room alone, so please ask everyone else too, I don't want to talk to anyone."

"Bhai.."

"Aliya! I want to be alone Okay!"

*******

"I want to go Canada, that's my decision and I don't want any ifs or buts Mama. Please I have made up my mind. As soon as the visa is sorted, I want to leave."

"Inaya, what has happened? Why in so much haste?"

"Maa please! I want to go! That's final!"

*********
Two weeks later

The past two weeks had been extremely difficult emotionally and physically. Ahsan attended university without Inaya as she was preparing for her move to Canada. Both of them didn't speak to each other once in all this time. The families coincidentally weren't in contact either though both didn't know about the tension between Ahsan and Inaya.

Inaya hadn't been well for the past few days and struggled to pack. She wasn't sleeping well at nights and was restless and upset throughout the day. Despite all this, she was determined to not change her mind.
Two days ago her online e-visa for Canada came through and she wanted to take the latest flight that she could get hold on. Umair booked her the ticket and so it was decided and all set, Inaya was leaving for Canada in four days.