a new chapter

I closed the book firmly, promised myself I would never open it again. I would store it in a closet and only open it for the nostalgia.

Your words, however, lead me to hang onto the book, even carry it around everywhere I went.

It wanted to be opened, to stay open forever.

I gave in rather slowly at first, only opening it to the first page and remembering old memories as if they were yesterday.

Then soon I read through the pages one after another and not-so-old feelings blossomed and bloomed in ways more extreme than ever.

I eventually read all there was, all seven chapters. The last line of chapter seven read "never again,"

A comma. I don't remember that being there, it doesn't even make grammatical sense. Did it mean there was more to this story?

I trusted that comma, and made him promise to work things through and not to jump to the end.

The next day a new chapter appeared in the table of contents, and I knew i chose the right choice.

Chapter 1: A Beginning to Something Weird
Chapter 2: Doubtful
Chapter 3: Breaks & Mendings
Chapter 4: A New Year, Same Thing
Chapter 5: Love Love Love
Chapter 6: Experimenting
Chapter 7: Never Again,
Chapter 8: [unnamed]

This whole part is one big metaphor, and I like it because it allows me to explain in the right way about what happened.