4:49

I slept for maybe an hour or two watching cartoons, then i wake up coincidentally right as you text me at 3 in the morning.

We talk for a bit about a few things, then you ask if you can call me.

Of course, why wouldn't you be able to?

We've now been on call for about an hour and a half. You've fallen asleep and are breathing deeply and I find it cute.

I can't go to sleep. Maybe it was the energy drink I had earlier, maybe I just don't need it, or maybe I haven't tried hard enough.

I wish I was there next to you in your bed. It's comfy and silent and only has a single blanket and a single pillow and small tears in the sheet and most definitely smells like you. Then again, you smell like you anyways, so you're all I need.

I want to snuggle up close to your side and hold onto your arm, taking its warmth and gently squeezing the muscle. I want to nestle my head into your neck, where I can softly hear and feel your heartbeat, or rather your pulse, and smell the remnants of your cologne. I want to put my other arm on your chest, feeling it move up and down with your slow, calm and steady breathing, while my chest is on your other arm staying warm.

It's 5 in the morning and I've got to say, this is technically the latest I've stayed awake. Or rather, the least amount of sleep I've been awake on.

I think you'll awaken soon to let your dogs out, I should probably attempt to sleep. Maybe I'll sleep all day, maybe I'll sleep three hours, who knows.

It's late,

But the only thing on my mind is my need to be next to you.