Chapter 10

Sans pov

My sockets were closed, but I was far from sleep. I laid on the couch trying to rest from the wound I received in the battle. Frisk Insisted I tried to heal.

 My mind was racing with twenty different problems in my head. One being Frisk eating that soul. I know she said that the monster was already dead. But that didn't change her hunger for on in the first place. I hope it wasn't anyone I knew. 

Another problem was Undyne. She was after both me and Frisk worst then ever. I tried to reason, but that fish has lost to much.. Her home, her father figure, she want's justice. She's pretty known for that.

How am I going to help her? How am I going to protect her? What happens if she eat's another soul. Who am I going to hurt so I can I do what I can? Am I going to lose her? 

I started to feel myself shake at the thought so I knocked it off. I tried to actually sleep, but a knock at the door made me jump. I'm assuming it was Papyrus, but just to be sure I had a bone ready in hand. "Who is it?"

"BROTHER! IT'S ME!" Pap screamed from the other side of the door. I love Paps, but I really hope he doesn't attract any soul eaters. "Come in bro."

I dismissed my weapon and relaxed back on the couch. Pap walked in with a green back in hand. "SANS! GLAD TO SEE YOUR AWAKE! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Papyrus asked. "Yeah I'm fine." I said. "Frisk took care of me. She told me what happened and how you came to my rescue. I always knew you were the coolest Pap" He gave me a big goofy smile that always made me smile. 

"Anyway, whats in the bag?" I pointed to the green beat up bag in his hands. "OH RIGHT! WHILE UNDYNE AND ALPHYS WERE HAVING A PRIVATE DISCUSSION, I WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE SOME HELPFUL ITEMS." He reached into the bag and pulled out each thing he named. Food, medicine, water. And something that really caught my eye socket. "Is that-" "ITS A PICTURE OF YOU, ME, METTA, ALPHYS, UNDYNE, THE QUEEN, THE KING, AND FRISK! I THOUGHT IT MIGHT REALLY HELP WITH THE WHOLE MEMORY THING!" 

I got up off the couch to grab the frame out of his hand. I had this in my room on the box I called my nightstand. We took it a few days after Frisk officially moved in. Well...in this timeline. I looked how young she was. She only was fourteen when we took this picture. She might have changed physically, but she was still the same Frisk that would do anything to see the whole underground go free. 

"Hey kid! Come here I gotta show you something!" Frisk came out of the used to be kitchen. She said it was quiet and where she liked to go. She still had a little drop of magic on her mouth. I knew Papyrus might be having the same thought's I had, but I guess since he saw I was cool with it then so should he. When she was fully out I showed her the photo. 

"This is us a long time ago. A few days after you showed up here. And these are all of our friends." She grabbed the photo. She smiled but it dropped as she pointed to Undyne. "Bad? Or...f-friend." I looked at Pap who had a slight worried look. 

"HUMAN, UNDYNE ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE A FRIEND. SHE EVEN CALLED YOU HER BESTIE! YOU WERE A SISTER TO HERE. SHE JUST DOESN'T WANT YOU TO END UP LIKE GERSON IS ALL." He gave her a big smile to help her ease, but it wasn't worth it. She game him a smile back that convinced him, but not me. 

"ANYWAY, I WOULD BE CAREFUL SANS. IF YOU REALLY THINK SHE CAN BE HELP THEN I AM GIVING YOU FULL SUPPORT. BUT UNDYNE...NOT SO MUCH." I let out an sigh. "Yeah." I looked over towards Frisk. She was still observing the photo. She might remember it. That or she wants to but she can't.

She caught me looking at her and set the picture on the couch. "I-I'm s-sorry. I hurt...her....you" She pointed to where I had my wound. I was just about to teleport to where Frisk was hiding, but Undyne got me to quickly and I was struck in the side with her spear.