Chapter 15

Frisk Pov

Takers were surrounding Sans to the point where it was hard to hold his magic. I watched as he struggled to keep his cage up while still fighting as many takers as he could. I couldn't stand watching them take him down.

I used my speed that's supposed to be used for trying to catch up with your next meal. But the purpose was different for me. 

I ran as fast as I could and in a matter of seconds I was across the camp and right by Sans side attacking the taker that was going to take his soul. I started to feel anger and madness take over my body. My nails were sharp and my arms just flung on their own attacking any that got close. Sans was still using the magic to keep up the wall of bones but it was starting to fade. 

After most of the takers were gone I used the time to run to Sans. His wound was open from the fight he had a few days ago and he was tired from all the energy he used trying to defend whatever it was he was trying to defend. 

"S-Sans...!" I said the best I could. I knelled down to see how much the wound opened. It wasn't going to dust him, but he was sure going to bleed a lot. He tried sitting up but he was too weak from the magic he's used. "Kid! My wound from Undyne opened. But I'm okay! I can still keep that wall up from getting to the children. You gotta get outta here!" He said trying to push me back to the hut's direction. 

I stood my ground and tried my best to speak how I felt. "F-fight...Y-you g-g-go..." I said trying to push him away from the swarm that was starting to come after him. He hesitated for a slight moment but knew I would be okay. I'm already dead, unless these guys beat me in the head with a bat they can't kill me. 

He started to run but the wall wasn't fading or anything. He was still using his magic to keep that thing up. I didn't have time to think about it considering the swarm of Takers were now coming my way and they were after anyone who was left alive. I ran with my speed and clawed as much as I can. They soon realized I wasn't on their side and tried to attack me!

But I used my strength to fight them off. They growled and snarled trying to threaten me in some way. "Why are you attacking us? You realize we're at a buffet right? We can eat all the souls we want here." I heard them speak clearly. I was almost like a voice in my head. They had no spaces in between or stutters in their words. 

It was our language. 

"These people are not our enemies. You must seek elsewhere if you want any food."  I said as if I was speaking normally. But it came out different to them. Not once did I stutter or blank out in my words. "Please. I don't want to hurt anybody." I said again trying to keep the peace. But they all growled and used their way of laughing. I sighed knowing this was going to be another fight.

They clawed as I did trying to keep them from going past my point. I tried with all my strength keeping them from hurting anymore monsters in this camp. They eventually found me as a threat and paused for a slight moment looking at me as if I wasn't even a taker. 

"Who are you trying to protect? Who is it that you refuse to take a soul from?" One of them asked. They were reptile like but the scales were falling and the eyes that were once something amazing to look at was now terrifying and nightmare worthy. I kept my claws out in case they were talking to me to keep me distracted. "I just don't like to kill." I said before letting out a loud growl to keep them away from me. "Now I'm going to ask again to leave." I said slowing but surely to get my point across. 

They snarled and glared looking at each other for reinsurance or someway of defense against me. The gave me one more look before walking slowly the other way away from the camp. I felt the anger that was once there disappear along with my sharp claws used to scratch for defense.