Chapter 12

Sans POV

We follow Max through Waterfall past the caves and streams that made it peaceful. After a while I started to find I was in new places that I had no idea was part of the underground. We were going deeper by the minute. And the deeper we got, the more unrecognizable it got. 

We eventually made it to a giant water fall surrounded with leftover dust piles of any soul eaters, or should I call them takers now. Frisk seemed terrified to see of the sight, and I couldn't blame her. If it weren't for me, she'd become one of those sacks of flesh you see in horror movies.

We stopped in front of a giant mountain with a gushing glowing waterfall down below of an edge we stood on the rim of.  The water rushed down making a river stream far below."Is this it?" I asked looking around. Mmn Max singsonged. 

He pushed both of his furry paws out and aimed them straight at a boulder right next to the waterfall. He waved his hands around and used a force to push the rock to the side revealing a small hole behind it. He stood to the side and bent down formally insisting us to go in. I grabbed Frisk's hand and pulled her with me as we both walked in the the hole in the mountain. 

Max followed behind us closing the entry way behind us with his mind. He must have a string mind to move something like that without a human soul to possess.

I looked down the dark path of rock with only torches to keep it lit. They're really keeping this place hidden. And from what I see outside, the get a lot of visitors. "So how exactly find this place anyway?" I asked as we continued down the tunnel.   

"Well, my village was quickly invaded with takers before we even got the news that they were a thing. So me and some of the other survivors searched for another place to live. I soon found this place, and used my magic of having earth do my bidding to cover it up with piles of rock to make it seem only as a mountain with a nice waterfall." He grabbed a rock with his magic to play with. I was impressed by what he pulled off. Frisk seemed a little impressed herself. 

I started to think the village he was speaking of is where Frisk and I stay. It didn't seemed infested. But that's probably because they got wiped out by some other monster looking for a place to live. Who knows, it's home and nothing ever come's knocking on our doors. 

We arrived at the end of the tunnel to a bright light revealing small tents and houses built for small families. Kids were running around, and adults were walking around or sitting on their porch talking with others. I looked to see that the area was huge and every inch was covered with monsters trying to live and forget there's monsters out there trying to take other's souls.

"Welcome to El campamento de supervivencia de la cascada. He said in a presenting form. I was careful to keep Frisk behind me in case someone spotted her. I would use a short cut but I can't. Normally how I would use one is I'd would picture in my mind where I'm going. Kinda difficult when you don't what the place even looks like.

"Where can I go to hide Frisk from everyone?" I asked Max still keeping in the tunnel. He started to point in a direction of a hut made of dirt with grass on the top on all the way on the other side of the camp. I would only assume he made it himself with his magic. "That's where I sleep. Although I still have no idea how your going to be able to get her all the way over there without the whole camp trying to kill her. Everyone here as suffered some kind of loss. They hate takers, and will do anything to see them gone." He looked out as Max made his little speech.

I know how they felt in a way. They would do anything to have their loved ones back. But they knew killing something won't bring them back. It would make their pain worse. And the saddest thing about that, is they don't know that yet.