Chapter 17

Sans POV

My discovery made me think of the determination project and it replayed in my head. The experiment was one of the worst scientist have ever seen in the underground. After Gaster vanished from everyone's memory, nobody understood the writing or what was even going on.

I was the only one who knew anything. And after the experiment failed I took the folder's into possession so nobody would try to make the same mistake, and remembrance. I placed them somewhere only I knew and nobody else would go.

Frisk looked at me with concern as I could feel my sockets were not in normal state. I took a long sigh thinking of all the problems that could occur with the forming plan in my head. "We have to leave camp." I said holding my skull in my hands stressing.

She rested a hand on my knee before rubbing her head against my arm comforting me in my state. The stress in my didn't go but I could feel my soul lift with just her touch. I eased a little before explaining to Frisk what I had in mind. 

"I have some paper's that have the original plan of the determination project stored away for safe keeping. Those might explain some more of the soul as my memory isn't the best. If I can get my hands on those files I might be able to trace a source to this infection. That is if you let me take a sample of your blood."

She nodded her head no question of it. I felt myself ease a little but that wasn't the thing to scare me. "Well back at the house behind is a secret room. I used it as a lab to try and find a way to bring back Gaster. I never really succeeded, but I have his old files from all his projects."

That was when her smile dropped and her grip on my arm got tighter. "But...F-friends stay...Th-there." She said in a low and gentle voice. "Dead..." Again not even looking in my eyes she spoke. I felt my soul drop as I grabbed her by the shoulders basically forcing her to seek in my direction. 

"I promise everything will be okay. I won't get hurt this time and neither will you." I clanked my teeth on her forehead as a form a kiss of reassurance. I knew the risk this was. The place crawled with Takers as they didn't have much of a border to keep the place secure. Instead we would kill any we saw. They weren't the only thing that was after me though and it made me worry more for Frisk.

It was a simple process to just teleport to the lab behind my house, but I put a special barrier from a magic mix I found in one of the files. This is so nobody can go in through teleportation and needs my key to get through. And the key was in my drawers under my millions of socks that stunk like hell. And Pap thinks I'm lazy.

Frisk looked at me with pure confusion as she was trying to solve what I was up too. I played the plan over and over trying not to end it with either me dying, her dying or Undyne wanting to beat my ass for the fiftieth time. It was more of a bad time for me then her. Another thing was Tori and how she would feel if I took her child who she thought was dead back out there. I knew they would never understand besides Pap who wouldn't be able to defend himself.

I explained carefully. I made sure she was caught up about everything. She didn't even know about my lab when she was human. She asked about the door, but I lied as I always did to her. She seemed nervous but also determined to figure a way to fix this messed up world. She was also worried of Toriel, as she had some kind of connection with her even if they "Just met". I decided it's best to leave a note and just get the hell out of this place. otherwise she'd give me all the right reasons to leave it as it is. 

But she's wrong.

I grabbed some paper and a nearby pen to write a letter explaining what I was doing and where I would do it. I grabbed my jacket, then her hand and closed my eyes to focus on where I needed to be. Snowdin.

When I opened my sockets I was right in front of the barrier keeping most of the takers that aren't already in there from leaving or getting in. I was lucky there was no magic barrier, but I could be more safe checking my surroundings before going in there. Nobody was guarding the post. 

Odd.

Frisked gripped my hand looking down. I smiled and held her close. "Just stay close kid." I closed my eyes and I was now in my room. It was still messy with the small wind and tornado in the corner of my trash and clothing. Frisk looked disgusted but slightly amused as she would always think walking in my room. She sat on my bare mattress as I listened carefully for sound of someone. 

I heard footsteps meaning someone was here, but I didn't want to find out who. I quickly raced to my drawer digging through my socks listening for the jungle of my keys. I felt them in my grasp as I pulled the shining blue key with the end of it being a skull. 

The footsteps were now heading towards the stairs. Frisk must have heard them too cause she bolted towards my side fearing it was someone unfriendly. I closed my sockets to appear right before the door behind the house. I looked up into Pap's window before making another move. Nobody was there except his action figures. One was knocked down making me feel disconnected from him. He liked to play with me before I started studying the timelines and trying to do the impossible. I felt a long sigh leave my closed mouth. 

I then felt Frisk's hand grab mine as she took the key. I didn't smile even is she wanted me to. I wasn't in the mood for it. I unlocked the door entering the dark and dusty stairway. I had to help Frisk due to her slow movements. My eye was the only light to give ti'll I found the switch near the bottom. 

The place was still the same, obviously, but it was still haunting. I haven't been down here in a long time. I don't even think I was in here this timeline, but I could be wrong. "S-Sans..." I heard Frisk say softly. I turned my head as I used my magic to open the draws letting the dust fly around. "T-the hunger..." she said looking me in my sockets.

"What? But didn't you just eat? Remember the-" She shook her head. "Hunger is f-fast." She said. I could tell by her face she was starving. It wasn't bad but it could get there. The eye's said it all as they were only grey. I looked faster ignoring the issue. I knew why she told me but I wish she didn't. It's only going to make things more stressful for me. 

My magic was flimsy looking for the right folder's. I had a few of Gaster's old projects but they were scattered everywhere making it harder. I dropped all the folder's furious I  wasn't finding the right one. The one I was looking for was the one that was lost. I could feel my eye was burning with my magic. I checked everything twice, thinking maybe I really hi it in a different timeline. Nothing.

As I was leaning against the dusty counter, I felt a poke at my jacket side. I pinched my eye's tired and stressed. "Yeah kid?" I asked not even looking up. "Language...You k-know?" I looked up. "What do you mean? Do I know English? Well I would hope so." I smiled trying to calm myself. She didn't get my joke and showed me a folder she was holding. It was his handwriting. But someone else's under his in actual letters and not wingdings.

I grabbed it straight out of her hand. I studied the handwriting seeing as it was almost chicken scratch compared to mine. I didn't understand a letter.

I knew who exactly I was dealing with making the anger of my magic wanting to burst. I watched as Frisk stood back scared as I might throw a bone at her skull. "How does she even know this place exist? You didn't even knew about! And I told you everything!" Frisk looked confused. I wasn't myself. 

"Your.... s-sockets..." She said slowly. I slid back on the wall near the counter taking a seat to calm myself and my magic. Frisk laid next to me laying her head next to mine. She was right without saying words. I needed a break.

A/n: Sorry I know I'm late again...But I promise things will change soon. Schools a real bitch to me at the moment and I can't find the time to get personal projects done. But to make it up I give you this https://www.tumblr.com/blog/fransfanfics101
Its a magical wonderland where you can post fanart, comments, ideas and or request! I'm sorry again about the short and late update BUT I'M NOT DEAD!!!!!