Epilogue

Sans POV

I left that spot finally with the strength of the coolest brother in the world. It was hard as hell and hurt more then anything. But my brother was right. We needed to fix this mess in honor of her. I already had plans of putting my money into a memorial of her...and everyone who had lost their lives of course.

I stood in front of the wooden cabin with Christmas lights hanging down. No takers could be heard for a long mile so for now we were all safe to stay outside in the crunching snow. Papyrus held my weak hand while I covered my face with my hood. I didn't want them to see me like this...

He opened the door with so much pride and excitement. I shoved my hands into my pockets quick escaping his grasp. I really don't want to be here. Maybe I should go back. I'm sure Frisk wouldn't mind. 

"FRIENDS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS HAVE RETURNED WITH A GUEST WHO YOU SHALL KEEP YOUR PROMISE TOO" I followed as he walked in presenting me like I was a new pet to the family. Mettaton, and Alphys stared at me with their eyes wide like I was something new. Alphys mouth was covered by her own hand tears starting to crawl down her scaly face.

Mettaton is standing just as I thought he would be. Not looking at me but not in a dramatic pose either. I know a part of him didn't want me to come back. I wasn't happy to see his face either if it made him feel any better. 

"S-S-Sans! Y-your al-alive!" Alphys stammered walking across the room to caress my skull still stained with tears. I could hear what she was thinking about it. I'm not looking at her...I feel the guilt hitting me just like it did when I ran into Papyrus's arms in front of her grave. 

"Well check for scratched. We can't have a risk of the infected hitting Snowdin. Especially since we learned they communicate." Mettaton looked at his metallic nails that were permanently stained with the hot pink covering his body. 

"I'm fine...I just really want to lay down for a while." I started to head up the stairs towards the coziest place a monster could have. Here was wear I would cuddle with her when she slept over and had nightmares. Maybe she can hold me as well.

"OF COURSE BROTHER. BUT NOT TO LONG! THIS IS THE ONLY PASS YOU GET! NO EXCUSES OTHERWISE!" I looked down at Papyrus half way up from the stairs. They all stared at me not screaming or telling me what to do or go on patrol...The pity they felt led them to feel guilty for everything that was happening. I'm still angry with Alphys for causing all of this. It seemed that she was given a pass unless she can find a way to fix this. 

The only Monster that kept her moving was killed by the one person that made me smile during all of this. So maybe we were even...

I closed the door behind me looking into the bare room. A single mattress bare with only a silk light purple blanket in a ball at the side. A dresser that was now filled with survival gear instead of socks. It was so different and has been like this for such a long time. I guess I never really got to see it like this because I was filled with hatred and anger. Mixed with a lot of guilt and fear. 

I'll go down and have a real serious talk to them explaining and apologizing for everything tomorrow. For right now, this skeleton needed to sleep for a very long time. Sleeping against a rock really isn't good for ones spine. A mattress will be more suitable for this bone head. 

I jumped onto the bare mattress letting the cover fall on me. I can already feel my sockets getting heavy. I turn to just the right position letting my bones sink into the comfortable feeling of my Mattress. I know I'm saying it so many times but I missed it so much. 

My sockets were closing with one image keeping me closure as I faded into black. Her arms wrapped around me, keeping my down with her legs holding onto me with all her warmth. Her kiss on my skull will keep me safe throughout the night while she stares at my skull.