PART ONE | CHAPTER ONE

THE NEW KID IN TOWN:
CHAPTER ONE

A month just passed and it's the last day of summer and things is just going pretty good for us, as a family. Well, not for me as an individual.

It's undeniable that my parents are well known here in our hometown so that helps mom to easily get a new job as one of the doctors from the only hospital in town, while dad still work from their family business- a small supermarket where he organize things that folks buy.

On the other hand, their son, Jackson Myers... I don't know. It's just hard for me to talk to strangers and be friends with them like other people do and It annoys me for thinking that I don't have the balls to even talk to someone or speak just one word like hello instead of smiling sheepishly, nodding and be awkward like what the hell is wrong with me?

I spend the last one month on gym, in the town's library, in the coffee shop and most times, I'm in my room, playing guitar with my cousin Leo. He wants to socialize with me by learning how to play a guitar from me and he actually talks a lot- about the town, the girls he like, about the school, and the parties. The first week with him was actually fine but overwhelming.

But, there's this story from him about my brother and there's a lot of 'em. I define my brother as a good person but Leo on the other hand, defines my brother as one of the Legends- "A cool person with an epic soul." That's what he said and it was actually... unrealistic for me. I mean, is that a figure of speech?

He said there's a lot of rumors about him but, my cousin knows how to shut up as a respect so, we didn't talked about it but Leo said this words that I'm pretty sure he got from some comic he reads that says...

"Legend never dies." And I just nod.

Well, I have no choice but to deal with my cousin's deep vocabulary and I just think about the positive things or benefits I got from him- about the town and the people around us, and those informations was absolutely helpful especially when it's time to go to Cross River High.

It's gonna be tough for me because I'm the new kid in town. It's my fourth year in highschool and I just feel so nervous about the things that might happen.

It's going to be alright soon, bro!

I'm stupid but I'm not that stupid to be so negative now. After all of what happened, I need to be positive, like my brother. Some things are getting better so far and soon, everything will be alright. That's what I believe.