PART ONE | CHAPTER FOUR

THE NEW KID IN TOWN:
CHAPTER FOUR

"I want all of your attention to be focused right at me, okay?" The well suited man spoke and his voice echoed through the silence that is roaming through the whole gym.

"Did you missed me?" He smiled, spreading his arms into the air like the President of America.

There was silence, except with the teachers behind him that laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes." He nods. The laughter from the teachers continues. I think everything is just fine around here.

"I know everybody here knows my name, am I right?" He chuckled. "And for those who's new in our school, I am Charles Wayne, the principal of Cross River High and I am here to welcome you all in our beloved school. I wish you all the best and I hope y'all behave this school year- especially the grade eleven students." He winked. "That's all, thank you." He smiled and then sat beside the teachers and laughed at each other just like teenagers. As I stare at them, a vacant seat from their place catches my attention.

"Okay, students! Can I hear a roar from you?!" A man with bald head started yelling at the microphone and it started the engine of every student in the gym. Everything was different now. It's like proving that they really don't like Mr. Charles.

"In the count of three, I want a loud roar from you guys, okay?!" The bald man spoke.

"Who is he?" I asked Ginny who's beside me.

"One!!!"

"Oh, that's Coach Theo." Ginny tried her best for me to hear her words.

"Two!!!"

"Oh, okay." I replied.

"Why do you like sports-"

"Three- ROAR!"

"RRRAAAAAAA!" Okay, they actually roar including Ginny.

"I'm sorry." She giggled. "I just really want to do it, you know?"

"You should have roared, Jack! It's unfortunate that you didn't felt the rush." Leo said from Ginny's side.

"It's kind of a tradition, especially in our school because we're the Blue Merlins." Ginny added.

"And now, may I present to you our cheerleading squad with our school's pride basketball team!!!" Coach Theo motion his arms into the door where the cheerleading squad enters with full of confidence.

"Look, there they are!" Ginny yelled.

The cheers get louder and wilder as the cheerleading squad started performing their routine. The ending was fantastic with a perfect pyramid, lifting a gorgeous silver haired girl who waves at the crowd, making them more wilder, especially the guys.

"OMG! I love you Natasha!" Ginny clapped her hand as she continue to cheer the squad. Her eyes were dreamy as she smiles, even though the Natasha girl can't notice her.

Ginny pursed her lips before slowly moving her head to look at me. She smiled and stroke her hair behind her ear. "I kind a... Idolize her."

"Well, worry no more Ginny, you have a Myers with you know." Leo spoke.

"What?" Ginny frowned.

"You know, A Myers once unlocked that spoiled diva's heart." Leo winked.

"Oh my gosh, Leo. Stop calling her spoiled diva and shut up, I don't want to use someone just for her to notice me." Ginny stated with full desperation from her face.

"Why don't you go for cheerleading? I mean, you could go for it." I smiled at Ginny.

She chuckled. "Thanks but, I actually tried and..." She stares at me sheepishly. "... It's a long story."

"Okay." I smiled.

"Oh, look! There's your brother's friends!" Ginny point her finger into the door where the basketball teams enters, marching and waving.

A lady beside the entrance catches my attention. She stood there, observing what's happening around her with a simple but very beautiful smile on her face. She looked like a goddess with her snow white skin, with her hair flowing through her shoulder plus her very bright aura that her appearance shows.

I clear my throat. I glance at Luna who's watching the basketball team shoot in hoops after one another. She looks interested but she looks bored too.

"C-Can I ask a question?" I asked politely.

"Don't ask me if I roared, because I didn't." She simply respond.

"What? No, no. Uh, do you know who that is?" I point my finger into the entrance where the lady stood quietly.

She moved her head and narrowed her eyes, then she looked at me, confused. "You too?" She said.

"Me too what?" I shrugged

"That's Anne Wayne, the only daughter of Charles- I mean, Mr. Charles Wayne." She arch an eyebrow. "I guess, Myers do like girls who's older than them." She winked.

My eyed widened. "What?" I muttered.

"She's twenty five years old and she's Jayson Myers' ex girlfriend." She wiggled her eyebrows like a child.

"What the actual fuck?" I keep my voice down through the whole crowd keep yelling and cheering.

"Oh shit, you actually swear." She nods with full of interest on her face. "Don't worry, Jack. She'll be our Math teacher." She flashed her signature innocent smile with a shrug.

My jaw dropped. I'm getting too much of informations that literally surprised me.