CHAPTER ONE | PART SEVEN

THE NEW KID IN TOWN:
PART SEVEN

I tried my best, but there's no way I could be good at math. Well, having a teacher like Ms. Wayne kind a helped me to focus and understand the basics of what she's teaching and she's really good at what she's doing. She's very professional for an age like that.

She gave us a seat work with five items based on what she just discussed and I really thought I could get a highscore like Ginny did but, I got three over five, Leo got two, and Luna got four and she also said it was boring.

It's funny that I had this thought or a scene from my mind where Ms. Wayne is teaching infront of us and ask a question. She seek for a person to answer it and then she call my name and I stood and answer her question but silly me, that won't happen. I mean, it's normal I guess because, all of us had some fantasies and daydreaming in the best and worst ways.

But I have to be professional too, as a student I must focus on what I need to do. I'll go to school for my studies just like what I did in New York.

***

It's lunchtime and I'm with Leo, Ginny, and Luna. We're headed into the cafeteria where... How would I say this— where two oceans meet.

Cross River High is a decent and well-known school for what they offer when it comes to education. The school have five places only- first is the main building where the faculties, gym, library, cafeteria, junior high and senior high classrooms. The juniors and the seniors are separated of course but when it's lunchbreak, it is the time when they meet each other, in the cafeteria— but it's more like a warzone for me.

"This catastrophe will be over soon. Just deal with it at the moment." Luna smiled innocently as we all sat in their table.

"So, basically the three of us have this table for lunchtime but sometimes Leo went to eat with the boys." Ginny spoke as she reveal a sandwich from her backpack.

"Yeah, yeah." Leo mumbled. "I can introduce you to them if you want to, Jack." Leo shrugged as he opens a bag of potato chips. "I mean, you're a very picky person when it comes to people that will surrounds you, so I just asked if you... want to."

"That's smart." Luna winked at me who is sitting beside Ginny.

"Yeah, that could be a good idea." I simply nod.

As we eat, there's this never ending conversation about me, the new Myers. It's hard to ignore it for there's a lot of people who keeps staring at me in every direction.

"You must be sweating, Myers." A familiar guy walked towards our table with a smirk. "Hello there, Stark." The ginger haired guy sat beside me as he winked at Luna who is staring at him blankly. He wraps his arm into my shoulder and shake me like we're so close to each other.

"Fuck off, Quill." Leo muttered.

"No. Fuck off, Grayson boy. I'm just here to socialize."  Francis smiled. "I just want to be friends with Jackson Myers, not the three of you so just ignore me, yeah?"

I removed his arms from my shoulder.

"Woah? I don't see confidence from your face, unlike like your brother who always have this friendly smile to his face even though he's talking to his foes." He winked and stood, crossing his arms in his chest.

"What do you need?" Luna spoke with a scowl on her face. "We're eating for fuck's sake."

"Luna." Ginny glared at her.

"I told you, little ones. I just want to be friends with—"

"You only want a closure, don't 'ya?" Francis' words were cut by a voice behind him. A guy walked towards our table with another guy in his side, sipping a yogurt juice. Francis head moved to look at the guy who spoke.

"Well, if it isn't the gods who just interrupted our conversation." Francis rolls his eyes.

What?

The guy that is sipping a yogurt juice sat beside Luna but she just continued chewing her food, not giving a single fuck on what's happening. Leo, Ginny and I are really confused and troubled right now but there's Luna, sitting casually like she's on a fine dining restaurant.

"Oh come on, Francis. Don't be like that." The guy who sat beside Luna spoke. He have those strong, chiseled jaw and a dark brown hair that is slicked back, not neatly for some of his hair was falling into his face, brushing it back then he spoke with Luna in a low voice. "Can I have some of your sandwich?" These features, it's familiar. I saw him in Jayson's funeral.

"Are you inviting him? Into the party?" The guy who stood beside Francis spoke. I know him. I saw him in one of Jayson's photos. As far as I can remember he's—

"Everyone's invited, Christian." Francis stated with a smirk on his face.

"Really?" Christian furrowed, and then he nods.

"He's back, right?" I heard Leo asked beside me.

What? Who's back? Wait, why am I the only one who is confused right now. I'm so out of place. I literally look like an idiot as they spoke to each other with things I don't know while I eat my lunch here, staring at each one of them as they talk.

Ginny, on the other hand that I thought who's with me in this loneliness is now about to speak... "Blake is back?"

"Yes, yes. He is." Francis nods.

"Hey, Myers." Christian looked at me. "You should go and meet him." His tired eyes were not blinking as he spoke.

"He'll definitely go." Leo stated.

"What?"

"We will go, Jack. Don't worry it will be fun." Leo chuckled. "Besides, I heard that you never went to a single party from New York so, yeah."

As Leo and I argue with each other, I heard Christian was talking to Francis in a low voice, enough for me to eavesdrop and hear their words. I act naturally, trying not to give them a hint for I know that it's 'something'.

"Leave this kid alone, Quill." I heard Christian spoke. "He's not Jayson."

The last thing I heard was Francis' scoff and then the three of them walked away in separated ways.

"The three of you should eat your lunch now, the bell will rang soon." Luna spoke as she open a bottle of water and drank it.

"You're right." Ginny laughed.

"Who's this Blake guy?" I asked and then Leo and Ginny's eyes landed on me.

"I told you, you should've let me to tell you stories about your brother." Leo muttered.

"You will know who he is... soon." Luna flashed her signature smile.

Suddenly, my body just felt some weight on it. I don't know what they're talking about— about these people, those things and facts that will bother me at night. I didn't want all of these to happen. I'm not an outcast nor a stranger here, they all think about my brother when they see me, and it's— this is the worst part, I don't know what to feel about it.