PART ONE | CHAPTER TWO

THE NEW KID IN TOWN:
CHAPTER TWO

Finally, it's the day; My first day of being a fourth year student here in Cross River High. I feel a very weird feeling as I get ready this morning. It's that feeling that think that you forgot something but actually, you have everything you need.

I'm wearing a simple black T-shirt that became more fit than it was before and it must be the time that I spent on gym is totally worth it. It's just partnered with a simple tight jeans with a converse shoes from Jay's shoes collection. I look different from the New York's version of me... Fuck, is that bad?

I went downstairs to meet my parents in the kitchen. They were laughing at each other and looking fine and for me, seeing those smiles is a better thing to start a day.

"Jack, your first day as a student here!" Dad laughed- that laugh that never sounds real. "Well, goodluck and have a good day son."

"You ready now?" I heard mom from my side spoke. "Jeff, give him the keys."

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"You need a ride, right? You're gonna use my car and you boy, be careful at driving." Mom stated.

"But, I can use my bike." I shrugged. There was a silence between the three of us, furrowing our own eyebrows. "Do you insist?"

"Yes." Mom.

"No— yes, we do." Dad.

"Okay, then fine." Dad threw the key at me and I catched it flawlessly with my left hands.

"Just be careful, hon." Mom.

"Be responsible too... And I'm sure you'll have a great start." Dad winked and I smiled as a response.

"Bye guys!" I went off with a smile on my face. It just makes me happy on seeing my parents like that. After all of those years we've been seperated, I've never expect to see our family like this again but, we cannot just ignore the fact that we miss Jayson and it will be more better if he's here with us.

It's a ten minutes drive from our house to reach Cross River High and in my surprise, there's a lot of student out here in the parking lot, infront of the school. I inhale and exhales. I guess, I don't have a choice so, I'm doing it.

As I exit the car, some eyes landed on me. Those stares pierce me like... needles and I have to endure it. New faces, new people. I've got this.

I started to walk with an eighty percent of confidence. Yeah, that's it, man up!

"Hey there, Jack!" I saw Leo walking towards at me.

"Hey dude." We fist bumps. "Well, I didn't expect to see a lot of students here."

"It's a school. It's normal to see students in school." Leo stated with full of sarcasm. I ignored his words as we started to walk inside the hallway of the school.

"Look at them..." Leo whispered "...they keep staring at you. It's creepy." He chuckled softly, making me frown.

"Yeah, it is."

"Well, not to mention and I know that you know this too because you just look like your brother- he's just more muscular than you and he have that signature long curly hair that he puts on a man bun—"

"Yeah? But, I'm Jackson." I shrugged.

"Yup, you are Myers." Leo flashed a thin smile.