Strange Dreams

Hey baby 💞 this chapter is a little fuller just to get to the next. I know I've been gone for a minute now so I'll be uploading this chapter and the next chapter both today. I promise you guys are gonna Get a little treat for bearing with me so long 🤤

______

Every single night for the past week I've been having nightmares. Not the regular monsters chasing me around nightmares but the weird lucid dreams of weird shit happening that I can't explain. Nor do I know what they mean.

I've been dreaming about hospitals, and the house I grew up in. I've been dreaming about being left alone all by myself. Bright lights.

Every night it's different. I don't even know if I can call them nightmares because they don't necessarily scare me, but what I do know is I don't like them one bit. The one thing all my dreams have in common is this loud beeping noise. Like a heart monitor or some shit. I don't know but it's annoying as fuck and sometimes when I wake up I still feel like I can hear it ringing in my ear.

Hummingbirds. I keep seeing those too and I never know why or what they mean. But I think I'm gonna remind myself to look all this shit up soon. Cause the recurrence is getting weird. I can't be dreaming all of this for no reason.

3:46 am.

I woke up to a loud bang that made me jump out of my sleep. I could feel my heart racing, thumping like it was gonna beat its way out of my chest. Im slightly glad I'm awake because I was having another one of those dreams again but being awake didn't take away the nervousness I felt while I was dreaming. I knew I was awake but I'm still for some reason feeling scared. I sat straight up and looked around my bed room, holding my hand above my heart feeling it beat underneath. Pure silence, the only thing loud enough to hear was my now quickened breathing. It was almost completely dark, but the moonlight shining through my window almost made my room glow. I looked to the left of me to see that Honey was no longer in the spot she was when we had fallen asleep. She's slept with me at my house almost every night this week.

The nervousness became overwhelming. Was I still dreaming? Am I trapped inside one of these weird dreams again?

You're awake Giovanni, you're awake

I told myself
You
"Honey?" I called out.

No answer.

"Honey?" I repeated, swiping the blankets off of me and getting out of my bed. I walked towards the bathroom and opened the door.

Nothing. No one. Darkness.

I turned around, facing my window and for a second stared off into the moonlight. It was beautiful but I couldn't shake what I was feeling now. Alone. In the dark, not knowing if I was dreaming or not. And if I am, why can't I seem to wake myself up? Am I here alone in this nothingness forever ?

Please wake up.

"Honey?" I called out one last time. This time more to myself, only loud enough for me to hear. My eyes searched my room as I wrapped my arms around around myself.

I stared off for a split second when I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump almost out of my own skin. I quickly turned around to see honey standing there close, with a water bottle in her hand. Immediately and damn near instinctively I jumped into her arms and wrapped myself around her, laying my head on her warm, beating chest.

"Woah Gio, you alright? What's the matter, why are you out of bed?" She said, bombarding me with questions. None of which I answered. I didn't know how to. Instead I just looked up at her, staring into those deep blues eyes that I've grown to cherish so much.