Denial

Gwen was in a rental car in the middle of no where. Ok it's not really no where, it's Tishamingo Oklahoma. Coming from LA though, this definitely feels like the middle of no where. Gwen's phone reminds her how many miles until her next turn. She is nervous beyond all get out. Is she doing the right thing? She doesn't know but what she does know is that she can't go through life knowing her biological son is out here being raised by who knows what kind of person.

This all started when she took her son to the doctor for his fourth ear infection in a row. They had decided it was to the point that he needed to have tubes placed in his ears. It was a relatively easy procedure but the doctor had wanted blood work done before hand. When the results came in Gwen's world was turned upside down. The doctor himself called Gwen and asked her to come into the office to discuss the results. As if she wasn't nervous enough about her 13 month old son having tubes put in his ears now she has to go in for blood work results. The next day she found herself in their family doctors office, with the doctor telling her that there is no way for her to be her sons mom.

"What do you mean I can't be his mom? I gave birth to him!"

"I know this is shocking and confusing but I'm telling you this baby is not your son. We have you and your late husbands blood types on file and this little boy.."

"MY SON!"

"Your son can't possibly be your biological son. His blood type is O+, you are A- and, your late husband was B-. Two negative blood types can't make a positive blood type."

"So what does this all mean? If he isn't my son, there who's son is he and where is my son?"

Switched. The hospital where she gave birth to her son, switched the babies giving Gwen Jupiter and her son to Jupiter's biological mom. Here Gwen is now driving to see the man who is currently raising her son. After tons of research she had figured out that her sons parents passed away in a car accident in LA and he is currently being raise by his uncle in Oklahoma. Gwen doesn't know how just showing up at his door is going to go over but he needs to know and she needs to see her son.

She pulls onto a dirt road that has to be the driveway to his ranch. The nerves she has right now are enough to make her throw up. She drives for what feels like five minutes before a ranch house comes into view. As she parks the car she takes a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing." She tells herself before getting out of the car and walking up to the front door

It takes her a minute to get the courage up to ring the bell and once she does she has a fleeting thought that this might be a mistake. She hears footsteps on the other side of the door before it opens.

"Can I help you?" Blake says

"Hi, hmmmm, my name is Gwen. I'm here because I have a 13 month old and I recently found out that he was not my biological son. He was switched at the hospital and according to my research you have my biological son. I know this sounds crazy and I don't know if I would believe me if I were you but it's true I promise."

"Hmm I think it's best if you leave."

"Please can we just talk and I'll explain everything better. I promise I'm not crazy. It's the truth."

"I would really like you to go please."

"Ok." Gwen says feeling deflated

Her heart is literally breaking as she walks back to her car. She knew there was a possibility that this is how it would go, but she had hoped and prayed it wouldn't. As she makes her way back to the hotel she feels the tears roll down her face. She realizes she hasn't eaten lunch but right now she doesn't think she can stomach any food. She has to figure out how to get him to at least sit down and talk. She knows that if he sees she is telling the truth they can work it out.
                                                                          ................................................................
Blake closes the door as the woman turns to leave. What the heck was she talking about? She looked so normal and well put together, beautiful too, but she clearly has something wrong with her head. Blake heads back into the living room to Richie. When the little boy turns and looks at him coming back into the room he is struck by the resemblance he has to the woman. Blake shakes the thought out of his head as the little boy reaches up to him. He bends down picking up the little boy and holding him close. He is the last connection he has to his brother, his best friend.