Spontaneous

"What?"

"Lets get married."

"Blake, I don't...."

Gwen doesn't even know how to begin to process this. This is crazy. They just became friends and now he wants them to get married. She wants him to be the one she raises the boys with but what about everything she has dreamed of. Finding true love? Having more kids?

"Blake I really don't know that it's a good idea. I'm sure we can come up with another idea."

"Gwen I don't want to cause problems between you and your family so how else do we raise the boys together?"

"I don't know. Blake I want more kids. Don't you want kids?"

"So we get married now and down the road we have a kid or two together."

"You and I have a baby? Blake no offense but a week ago you couldn't even stand to be in the same room as me. How are you and I going to get to a place where we are comfortable making a baby?"

"Well in a week we have managed to shift our relationship into a new friendship. Don't you think we could get comfortable enough with each other over a couple years? It's not like we have to sleep together all the time. I mean we are only talking a couple times."

"Are you sure you even want to have a baby with me? I mean there has to be a reason you didn't like me in the beginning."

"Gwen," Blake moves to the couch and sits beside her facing her. "I was an ass I know. I pushed you away as hard as I knew how. I'm sorry about that Gwen, I really am. The last woman I let into my life she hmm did everything she could to hurt me, to make me believe I wasn't good at anything, she made sure I knew I would never make a good dad, and she did what she could to destroy me. Then my nephew fell into my lap and she bolted just like that. I was hurt and struggling when you showed up on my door step. I didn't want to believe you. I didn't want to trust you. I didn't want to become friends with you because... because what if you left and took Jupiter. It would have broken me. I know that's not fair to you but please Gwen believe me when I say I want you to be the one to raise the boys with me and if it's meant to be I would be happy to share a child with you."

"She was wrong."

"What?"

"She was wrong. You are great dad. Those boys up stairs love you so much and you are amazing with them. So she was wrong. I think I could see us being able to try for a baby down the road. I would be happy and that baby would be lucky to have you as it's dad."

"So does that mean yes?"

"There is stuff we still need to talk about and work out but if that goes ok then yes. It's a yes."

Blake surprises Gwen yet again as he leans forward and hugs her. At first she is shocked but quickly recovers and returns the hug.

"What else do you want to talk about?"

"Well we need to talk about how to handle this with our families. Do we tell them it's just so we can live together? Or do we let them think this is a normal true marriage?"

"Well I don't know about your family but I don't think they would be comfortable with us marrying just for the boys. They would worry about us."

"Yes I agree completely. So as far as all our families go we fell in love over this month and we decided to get married."

"What about a wedding? How do we do all that? I'm sure you want the dress and all that and I'm comfortable with that if that's what you want."