Trying

Blake sits in the executive area if the airport. He isn't sure if he should be nervous or if he should be dreading it. As the plane lands and he knows it's their plane he decides it's both. Gwen is a city girl from one of the biggest cities in the USA, there is no way she is gonna fit in here and yet she has to. This is the only way for them to be apart of both boys lives. When the door opens and Gwen walks down holding Jupiter and his diaper bag and his car seat, Blake jumps out of the truck to help her. It doesn't matter how much he dislikes her his mom raised him to not let a woman struggle.

"Hey little man" Blake said as Jupiter beams at him. "Hey Gwen."

"Hi." She says but doesn't meet his eye

"So I figured we can ride around a little bit before we go to the ranch. Thought you might want to see where everything is, I have to warn ya though there isn't much to show."

"That would be really nice. I know it's a small town and there isn't much to see but I don't like being somewhere I don't know where everything is."

"How did Jupiter do one the plane?" Blake asked as Gwen locked him in his car seat.

"He was good. He was looking out the window for part of the flight and the rest we read books." Gwen answered smiling

Gwen didn't care what Blake thought of her but the fact that her son had yet another person to shower him with the love he deserves makes her smile. She can deal with Blake if it means more happiness for her son.

Before Gwen gets in the car she moves to the other side where Richie is sitting.

"Hi buddy! How are you? Cute as always that's for sure."

Richie just smiles back at her and Gwen feel herself release a breath she hadn't know she was holding. Seeing her son and watching him smile at her was the best feeling in the world. He had been so stand-offish in LA at first and that had nearly killed her. She knew she didn't have a right to be sad, he had never met her before but that didn't stop it from hurting.
................................................................................
They drive two hours from the airport before they finally reach the small town Blake is from. Gwen remembers some of it from when she came to talk to Blake. He drives through downtown Tishamingo.

"That shop right there.." he says pointing at a shop called junk stars "that's the store my mama owns. And this restaurant here is mine." He bring her attention to a restaurant called ole red with a dog as its logo.

"You own a restaurant?" Gwen asks shocked because he doesn't seem like the type to be interested in the restaurant business

"Yeah I wanted to give back to my town."

This is one of the first times that Gwen gets to see a glimpsed of the Blake under the tough rude exterior. She knows he has been through hell with losing his brother but she can't help but wonder what made him put up this exterior.
....................................................................
By the time they make it to the ranch everyone including the boys are starving. Blake had already prepared a picnic lunch for them to enjoy down by the lake. As much as he didn't see her fitting in here, he absolutely needed her to. So anything he could do to make her love Tish more he was willing to do. He had meant it when he told his mom that he wasn't losing either boy. He carried Jupiter and the picnic to a spot out by the pond. Richie was letting Gwen carry him and she was loving every moment. It was crazy how the love just turned on for this little boy. She didn't know him or even know of him two months ago and now she would die for this little boy and by the look in Blakes eye as he looks at Jupiter Gwen knows he feels the same for Jupiter. Once they got settled on the blanket and started the boys eating Gwen took the opportunity to ask Blake about his family.